Old Photo - Autumn Parade Down Under

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Autumn Parade Down Under
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 08:47 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 10:10 pm:

Interesting front tires. Anyone know the brand?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 01:21 am:

Is this front car one that was posted here a couple of days ago? It appears to me that the paint and the stripe is the car with the 2 ladies.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 07:06 am:

Often a round bar was heated and pressed into the tyre to add tread. A cheap, inexpensive way to get traction! I have seen this "tread" in numerous early photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 07:20 am:

Interesting David, thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Borland. Bathurst. NSW. Australia. on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 07:05 pm:

Can you imagine the reaction from the authorities if you re grooved your tires with a hot bar today!!! The world was much simpler then. Big brother was too busy enjoying life.

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 07:21 pm:

It was no so long ago that they regrooved tires here in the US. Before they started making a lot of the obsolete tire sizes again it was not uncommon to regroove a bald tire if the casing was still sound as there was no alternative.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 07:28 pm:

The rear tyre on the photo David posted is a re-cap in which the tread was moulded. They were very crude by today's standards, but I have seen a number of those which have stood up well. I believe the Kiwis can still re-cap T tyres, but safety/liability rules prevent our repairers from doing the same for us.

Allan from down under.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration