Got pulled over today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Got pulled over today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 09:57 pm:

tl
www.paparock.com They liked my rig and gave me a large sample.
my GPS track log for my Chickasha tour.
t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 10:12 pm:

Dean: Please explain the blue and pink on the log, where did you start from. Where are you headed ... How many miles so far ...I missed you at Chickasha. I probably was to busy looking for treasures. Have a safe trip and Im jealous of your trip. Maybe Ill get to do one soon.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 10:40 pm:

The different colors designate different days traveled. I started at home and got back home today. I will have to check my GPS track log to find out the correct mileage. Natchez trace parkway was on [MY] way Home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 11:09 pm:

11 1/2 days of travel 2899.5 miles GPS documented.
241.6 miles per day average.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 11:17 pm:

tc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 12:01 am:

Those are pretty long days, Let us know your ave. speed, how long you were driving and the stats when you get a chance to get them from your GPS.

You're an inspiration to all of us that would like to do the same but may never do it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 12:40 am:

best GPS moving average 37.6 mph in Texas
My usual average is 35 mph
worst day average 33.2
longest day 412 miles that is too long for this time of year. Traveling in Mark Twain National Forest after dark is VERY challenging! The last 14 miles took an hour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 08:37 am:

Awesome! You have my unconditional respect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 09:38 am:

I missed seeing you at Chickasha until the wife and I were pulling out of the Best Western parking lot and driving out of town on highway 81.

You were between 2 Semi's as we passed you. Its good to see a T still going as good as yours.

Hope to meet you at Chickasha next year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:00 am:

Dean: After you and talked at Chickasha you said you may go to the Duncan swap meet. Did you, and if so how was it? Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:25 am:

Donnie he lives in IOWA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 11:29 am:

Dean: What would be your miles per gallon from your best day ??

Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 11:42 am:

Dean -- That pulled pork looks yummy! Now I'm gonna' have to fire up the smoker. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 01:43 pm:

Dan the only thing I bought at Duncan was a Coleman stove. My backpack stove was not useable.
Duncan has little pre war, more of a flea market.

Mike the pulled pork was excellent The secret is in the sauce.

Bob not good pulling the trailer 14--20 the carb I am running now is at the low end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 02:49 pm:

Dean
What motor oil do you use?
What kind of transmission bands are you running?
Just pump gas no lead additives?
I'd love to do what your doing some day...!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 07:07 pm:

I am with Steve- love to know all the wear and tear details on the performance!

Thanks,
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 07:34 pm:

Dean, You have to write a book. I'll buy the first one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 08:32 pm:

I use 20w50 Kendal
used cotton bands till 2009 have been running kevlar since.
pump gas no additives

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 11:09 am:

Thanks, Dean

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 03:27 pm:

Dean, how did you tear up a rod bearing in OK?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Walker on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 04:28 pm:

Dean, how did you cross the Mississippi River at Kentucky? I hear there's a ferry somewhere up there still in operation.

Hope to cross there some day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 04:44 pm:

Dean, I'll buy the second one, after Hal. You're like a modern-day AL Westgard. I'd love to hear about all your adventures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 05:29 pm:

Could have been worse. You could have gotten porked over...Oh wait. You did that too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 05:44 pm:

Dexter the rod was fine the Babbitt in the cap came loose just replaced the cap 50,000+ miles is darned good fore a rod as far as I am concerned. My first set was wore out at 37,000 miles.

David I found two ferrys on my way home Kentucky - Mo & Mo.- Illinois .

Jared don't hold your breath waiting fore me to do a book. With my spelling & grammar I shouldn't be typing hear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 07:32 pm:

No matter, Dean.

The knowledge that you have and could impart to us - if you wrote about more of your "incidents" - would be well received.

Kudos on your achievements!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 11:40 am:

Dean, if you could keep your max speed down closer to 30 MPH, your bearings would probably last forever and you wouldn't have to work on them every 37,000 to 50,000 miles... :-)

Dean, I would imagine those are re-babbitted rods of your own manufacture, not ones "purchased"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 01:36 pm:

Adam the firs set were purchased from a good dealer. dippers & crossexed.
The ones I am running now no dippers no x rebabbitted by me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 01:42 pm:

This morning I was in the dentist's chair, and while he worked on me he started telling me that his wife is into "vintage trailers". I immediately thought of this thread and Dean's rig. It turns out that "vintage" meant a completely reconditioned 1960's Airstream pulled by a modern vehicle.

I was disappointed. Just goes to show you how a word can mean different things to different people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 02:18 pm:

And how - think coke!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 02:27 pm:

LOL, I thought you were going to say she was into vintage movie trailers!

king_kong

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 07:48 pm:

Dean, does your T have any accessory oiler in it? I guess I am another breath holder for that book Dean. Would love to hear your tales from the road. Every adventure is at the very least a valuable learning experience and of great entertainment value for us T nuts.

There is no better educator or entertainer than experience and you certainly have time in the saddle that most of us will never accumulate. Think co-author.....

Sample title ideas....

"Bouncing over America"

"Seat-spring Marks I Can't Show You"

"Oil in my nostrils, and hair, and clothes...."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 07:51 pm:

Dean, you could sit down with Stan Howe and let him write down your thoughts, you could be Hermans cousin from Iowa.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 08:59 pm:

Rick, what a great idea !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 09:14 pm:

I was thinking that too. What a combo it would be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 09:50 pm:

Eric, I run the outside oiler that is cut into the hogs head 1/2 line to front of pan.
I have used others but feel this is the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 09:54 pm:

Eric, I run the outside oiler that is cut into the hogs head 1/2 line to front of pan.
I have used others but feel this is the best.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration