22 one piece spindles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 22 one piece spindles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 11:52 pm:

How many of you have a 22 T with the original one piece spindles. Mine has been in the family since new just curious. Thanks James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 12:32 am:

I guess they are a little rare. I have a pair on a project car front axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 05:54 am:

They were only produced for a short time between February 2 and May 17:th 1922, likely never on all of production in that period. http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/doc22.htm
Some of them has been reshaped in the steering arm to be used on 09/10 projects.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:26 pm:

Wonder how many sets were produced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 11:42 am:

James

If you just do the serial numbers records, from Feb 2 to May 17
that is 312,204 mfg. That's pretty low, around 300,000 pairs of these spindles or less maybe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 11:45 am:

Thank you Dan for figuring that out. My block has a date code cast into it of 2/22/22

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration