I was introduced to this Roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: I was introduced to this Roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 12:18 pm:

Can anyone tell me what the numbers on the head mean?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Scott Owens on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 12:38 pm:

Aftermarket Head. It must have made some power cause they have added water pump to help cool the motor. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 12:44 pm:

Wonder what the combustion chambers look like?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 12:46 pm:

Older post on this type head:

By James A. Golden on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 08:55 am:
I have an aluminum head that I removed to reduce the exhaust smoke and oil use. This one had 95 psi compression on two cylinders and 65 psi compression on two cylinders. The 65 psi suggested a leak between two cylinders, but I'm not sure if 95 was normal or high. I'm also not sure who made the head. There is Made in U.S.A. on it and also VTH-1000H and 20-27 near the back driver's side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 02:32 pm:

Found the maker, Totally T's here is that head on their webpage.

http://www.totallyts.com/parts-10.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 06:32 pm:

I run a head like this on my Roadster. Snyders sells them and they do make some good power. I don't run a water pump even with this head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeff cordes on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 01:36 pm:

That is a Ralph Reeder head from the no longer existent Performance T Parts in Dickinson Tx, I run them on at least 10 cars. I have no problems with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 01:48 pm:

As Jeff says, a "Reeder" head. Very much like an aluminum "Z" head in design and performance.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration