26 fuel bulb repair part question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 26 fuel bulb repair part question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 12:43 pm:

I have taken apart several of these and have not found one that had the little spring inside. Where does it go?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 01:03 pm:

No where as far I know too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 01:05 pm:

Only a guess, but maybe the reproduction screen tube is too short and needs the spring to secure inside the bowl from the drain plug fitting?

Have only used original screen tubes and replaced the mesh with #400 bronze cloth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 01:43 pm:

Snyder's catalog says that is "a Model A kit that will work in the 26-27 sediment bowl.... Throw the spring away."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 04:16 pm:

Ah, I see. The spring is used in the A application but not the T. Makes me feel better for not being able to figure it out. Thanks gentlemen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 04:18 pm:

Anyone know what is the material the packing is made of? The one behind the taper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 04:20 pm:

Dan, I was thinking about doing just that. I assume you tin the edge first then join the cloth to the end bit and along the seem. Was rolling around in my head just how to do that and get it straight, not burn my fingers, etc???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:14 pm:

That spring looks like something Macs would do!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 11:09 pm:

Well, I was inspired and visited my favorite local hardware store, got some brass screen material, and reproduced the filter myself. It turned out very well. I did burn my fingers a little. I took not a single photo though.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration