You're leaving something out of your ad

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: You're leaving something out of your ad
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 03:05 pm:

I was just looking at the classified ads, and noticed that most of the ones offering cars for sale have NO PICTURES! What's wrong with this non-picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 03:50 pm:

Also some have no location and their profile is empty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 04:31 pm:

Reminds me of some kids at camp. One of their activities was writing postcards home. One boy who wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed addressed his, "To my Mom & Dad, Carson, California". :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 04:42 pm:

Well,

If you want pictures or more information,
you can post a reply on the ad or try to contact the member thru their profile by clicking on
their name ....

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 05:13 pm:

I was thinking the same thing Jim. First thing that came to mind was to send them a private message of inquiry.-----by clicking on their name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 05:19 pm:

Well, sure. You can also arrange to meet them on the parking lot of a nearby McDonalds at 2:30 pm, exchange the secret password and ask your questions in person. If you're trying to sell something, though, why make your potential customers all jump through hoops to find out what it looks like, when - as Steve suggests - you could include a picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 05:27 pm:

I like the ones that just say "For Sale" or "Wanted". Really? Can you not muster up enough energy to add a few words to the title of your ad to let folks know what is is your selling, or looking for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 05:39 pm:

If a member has a genuine interest in purchasing a car or a part for sale in the classifieds,
they will try and obtain more information by posting a reply on the ad or checking out the profile of the member placing the ad for contact information ....

World ain't perfect folks ... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 05:55 pm:

Think one of the main reasons is knowing how to post a picture.
With XP I could generally do what I wanted. Its no longer supported so a new windows 8 is used. Its hard for me being half smart on a PC to even find the pictures I want to post.
I recently looked at a 16 touring near Raymond Washington It was suggested to the owner to post in classifieds, as they did have a PC. Nothing seen yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 05:55 pm:

It isn't? Up to now everything was fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 06:43 pm:

A heading at the top of classifieds stating simple steps with picture resize in pixels or whatever with a few suggestions in how with your particular operating system would help a bunch.

Most folks selling parts or Ts are familiar with Ts or a one time seller not familiar with Ts or the system. This morning I tried along with my son in-law to get blank printable federal 1040 forms without success Make it SIMPLE!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike dixon on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 07:41 pm:

how to you get to the classified?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 07:52 pm:

Mike,
1. Go to the 2014 forum index page.
2. Click on "Classified" , located near the top just left of center.

Paul
1. put this in your browser http://www.irs.gov/uac/Forms,-Publications,-and-Other-Tax-Products
2. Click on the line "Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return"
3. Print the form using your browser controls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 07:54 pm:

I like the system, and think because the forum and classified use the same picture posting method is better. Now if my skills with this Windows 8 will improve posting pictures should be easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 08:04 pm:

Thanks Tony with the right instructions and site it printed fine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 08:09 pm:

I like how everyone list with out a price.... I've seen countless cars sitting in folks yard FOR SALE but no price $$$$.
My normal reaction is I leave, it's always easier when you list with a price. Saves a lot of useless phone call answering when you find out they want 3 times what it's worth...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Kuhn on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 08:34 pm:

Sorry to anyone for not listing prices in my ad,ran out for a bit and did not have the time to immediately list that information.Wont make that mistake ever again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 09:40 pm:

I agree with Steve. Past experience has taught me that advertisers who don't list an asking price usually do it because they feel that their item is rare,special, one of a kind or some other gold-plated excuse for an inflated price. I don't waste my time with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 09:57 pm:

Which ads do you look at first in the Vintage Ford, the ones with photos and extensive descriptions, or the two-line text-only ads? I am neither buying or selling, so I don't have a dog in this fight, as they say, but it seems to me that if I was selling something, I'd want to make it as interesting as possible...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 06:12 pm:

I have sent messages several times to sellers by clicking on their name to make inquiries about items they have for sale but never receive any replies! then they re-list the ad over and over but still no replies to my inquiries. These are not new members but members who offer services and are held in high esteem by the Model T community. I just give up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 06:39 pm:

I am posting a link to Richard G's ad because it is a good sample of how to do an ad that has multiple items for sale.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/433642.html?1396287641
See how easy it is to read. Listing your items on two or three lines with several items on each line is hard to read. It's really easy; enter item and price hit return and list the next item and so on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 08:38 pm:

Yes, that's the way to list the goods. I wish people would hit return before they post a photo too, so you wouldn't have a line interrupted by a lot of space and the rest of it way down by the bottom of the picture something like this.It's not that hard to figure out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 08:39 pm:

The response to the advert may end up in the recipients spam file, not sure why but a couple sent to me ended there. Not sure how we can fix this one....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 09:57 pm:

Note: Fellow T'ers my post wasn't a personal attack on anyone.
Please don't take offence to it, I tend to agree with Marks comment post the part, list the price, put in good contact info, or number and wait...
If your part(s) sale re-post with a sold update, this way your not answering a ton of unwanted calls, or emails on something that's Sold a week ago.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration