Insurance for T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Insurance for T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil Meadors 29 Palms CA on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 05:10 pm:

I just registered my car and am shopping around for an insurance co. I live in Southern Ca. and am using AAA for my other vehicles but they don't seem to be knowledgeable for a 91 year old car.
Cecil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 05:11 pm:

I just got Hagerty. I've heard nothing negative about them. Pretty straight-foreward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 05:13 pm:

I went with Hagerty years ago bassed on the recommendations of friends.

http://www.hagerty.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 08:38 pm:

I use Grudy, always been helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 08:51 pm:

Cecil,
Welcome to the Forum.

You may find this interesting -

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/432617.html?1395967267

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 08:57 pm:

Hagerty. Period.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 09:04 pm:

I already had a large claim with Haggerty. They paid every cent of the appraised value and my rates never went up. They are the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schiebe - Plymouth, MN on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 09:27 pm:

I agree Haggerty's is my insurance of choice. I have a total of five antique cars and a enclosed trailer insured with Haggerty's. I have grand kids who are licensed and drive my antique cars in parade etc., as an example one of my grand daughters drove my 1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible for prom and that was completely covered as I had checked before hand. I have never had a claim and hope I won't so I can't comment on claims processing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:30 pm:

The big difference, you insure your car for a stated value and send them pictures of the car. That way if your car is damaged, this is what they pay you for the loss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 11:32 pm:

My business/commercial insurance carrier took bids from 17 different carriers of antique car insurance. We settled on the oldest and the best record of claims, which was JC Taylor.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 11:10 am:

Was there a big or small difference between JC Taylor and HAggerty ? Is it worth a switch for 7 cars ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 11:24 am:

For us it was a huge difference. We not only insure our brass era cars but also a couple of vintage Ferrari's. a Shelby Cobra, a Mercedes sports car, & vintage race cars.

We were with Haggerty and the difference was considerable. Of course this depends on location, how the vehicles are stored and overall condition of the cars.

We store our cars in a fireproof metal building with both theft and fire alarms, and do live in the country, this all reduced the premium.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Stevens on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 09:52 am:

I've used JC Taylor in the past. Had a windshield claim when I lived in Arizona. Tech came to the house changed out the windshield, didn't cost me a dime. Think my annual premium was $100 at the time. Car was a 1967 Plymouth GTX. Recently I contacted them online for a quote on a couple my old cars. Came back really reasonable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 10:02 am:

Hey brass car guy. Any reason we never get to see pics of this amazing collection of yours?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 10:07 am:

Dave,
If you look back in brass car guy's posts you'll see the pictures..........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 10:14 am:

Ok. Thanks Floyd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Green - So Cal on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 01:20 pm:

If you've got multiple policies with AAA you may get quite a reduced premium. They have a collector's car policy specially for classic/antique vehicles that is agreed-upon (stated) value coverage. I have both my Model T and A covered for a little over $200 total per year with them! Also, it is nice that they will match the liability coverage used with my modern cars so my umbrella policy will work with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By iceman on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 01:55 pm:

Great information. Does anyone know what's the best insurance for Texas model t members?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration