Entertainment at Chickasha

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Entertainment at Chickasha
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 12:11 am:

I just remembered this little show I forgot to post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQcpUvnWIjM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 12:29 am:

Steve,

Why do I get the feeling that could have had a bad outcome?

Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 07:51 am:

That's what is called a West Virginia wench. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 08:09 am:

Doesn't anybody ever sleep?!? LOL... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 08:38 am:

I've used similar technology to remove wheel - less cars from trailers. I don't see a problem. If you are around old cars long enough you learn to do many things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 12:35 pm:

been there done that. no problem at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 12:48 pm:

Ive done the same thing several times. A couple of the junk cars were even on there roof. (they slide better that way) the funnier part of this show was them dragging it across three or four spaces backward and then turning it at a right angle and then dragging it a couple hundred feet down the road between spaces till it got to the point this video starts. It looked like a plowed field ready to plant potatoes where it had been dragging in the dirt....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 01:59 pm:

That's a better way than the Grease Monkeys used when unloading a Jag from a car hauler. They couldn't get under the frame with the forklift's forks, so they just went through the cars window, bending the roof and other parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 04:37 pm:

Mike: The dragging helps break the bolts lose. Easier to take apart, right? :-) Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 05:13 pm:

Long ago when I lived in West Palm Beach, Florida, some of the local Mopar guys would buy up cars and strip them of all the parts they wanted.

When the car had been reduced to a rolling shell, they would tow it to the local pick-your-own part junkyard in the dead of night. They would set the car in the junkyard parking lot, then wrap a nylon "snatch rope" around the car. One guy would connect the other end of the rope to his truck and take off. The rope would stretch, then flip the car upside down. Once the car was upside down, they would come back and strip off all the stuff they wanted from the undercarriage and leave the flipped hulk in the junkyard parking lot. The junkyard didn't care, they had a big forklift and would just pick up the upside-down car and take it into the junkyard when it opened the next morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 05:57 pm:

Dan: and helps break loose them stuck engines!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 06:26 pm:

I bought an 18 Roadster from Mike several years ago. It had a stuck engine so I got it cheap. I went to Gunman, Minnesota and picked it up, drug it on my trailer and after I got on the road redid the way I had it tied down. I put a loose chain on the back and front axle so it would have about 4 or 5 inches of movement, then ran a couple safety straps to make sure it couldn't come off the trailer if a chain came loose. Dropped it in high gear and drove across North Dakota that way. When I got to my sister's house in eastern Montana I unhooked the chains and straps, turned the gas on and pulled the crank, it started on the third pull on the mag. I backed it off the trailer and put about 25 miles on it that afternoon and evening giving my sister and all her kids and grandkids rides.

The rest of the story is that I took the Buffalo wires off it, sold them on ebay for close to what I paid for the car, put some wood wheels with new New Zealand tires that I didn't like much on it, sold it to a theater company for using in Ragtime, made about $5000 on the deal and had a good time. It ran great, it was just a little stuck from setting.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration