T folks/events/sites in Europe, where are you?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: T folks/events/sites in Europe, where are you?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 11:51 am:

Later in the year, we will be traveling in parts of France, Italy, Germany, and maybe England ?

Any T people around these areas? Any happenings or must see sites?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAVID SPENCE on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 12:16 pm:

Hi Erich , UK has a very active events calender of events , please take a look , if I can assist please contact me either on our face book page or our website www.modeltregister.co.uk on the whats on page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Cuddy on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 04:01 pm:

Eric. The Irish Model T Ford Club run an event each month. Maybe you might consider a trip to the Green Isle. Www.irishmodeltclub.ie. an Irish welcome guaranteed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth Martin Carpenter on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 04:13 pm:

Erich, The annual French rally this year is at Sarlat le Caneda in the Dordogne at the end of June. Email pierre.izaret@libertysurf.fr There will be anything up to 100 T's on the event which is over 3 days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 05:48 pm:

Wow, now I need to plan another trip just for T things. We will not be there till near year end but that French rally sounds fantastic. Will keep an eye on the U.K.

Anything in Germany?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 12:40 am:

France: http://ford-t.jimdo.com/

Everything before 1945 in Germany may be a little scarse - but they have vacuumcleaned many of the neighboring countries for cars of that age - and a few have also survived :-)
We have 2 chapters actually in Germany - why don't you check that page for a start? :-)
http://www.mtfca.com/clubpages/chapters.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 01:12 am:

What about a look at the DEN HARTOGH FORD MUSEUM in Holland, you will not be disappointed in looking, worlds biggest private collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philippe BROST, France on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 07:27 am:

Here is the programme for the french annual meeting. Nice region for french food and wine

http://ford-concentration.jimdo.com/2014-1/

But apart from this meeting, you wan't find a lot of T.

Other meeting for cars (100) before 1914 in june 14th afternoon, 15th morning in Paris Les Invalides

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 07:54 am:

Personally, as Kerry suggests, the Den Hartogh museum in Holland would be a "must see." I hope to get there someday.....

http://www.euro-t-guide.com/See_Coun/Holland/Amsterdam/NL_See_Hartogh_Ford_Museu m_02.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 08:40 am:

Thank you everyone. I won't be getting to Holland as the plans look so far, but that museum is now on my list. I never knew about it before. We shall see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 08:48 am:

This place looks like a great visit if one could get over there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 03:22 pm:

Some one told me that the English model T club come to Dieppe in Normandy [France] early September
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 04:37 pm:

Erich, you need to specify your travel dates & locations to get advice on what's happening at those times. If it's after summer, there may not be tours to attend, but there are indoor shows,
swap meets & museums.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 06:30 pm:

Wont be until October. Still getting the details ironed out. The above sites will be helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 11:42 pm:

I doubt that I will ever make it there myself. However, if I were to go to that part of the world, I would really want to make it to the London to Brighton run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth Martin Carpenter on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 05:22 pm:

Yes, we will be in Dieppe from Monday 1st to Friday 5th September and arrangements are currently being firmed up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 09:24 pm:

I also recommend the Den Hartogh Museum, which is open all year, but not planning to be in Holland will be an impediment to seeing it. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration