On the Way Home - model t find

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: On the Way Home - model t find
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 07:12 pm:

I've seen this car parked on state highway 395 past Pearsonville, CA for several years. Sunday I was heading home from camping in the Panamint Valley and stopped for a photo.

Not sure of the year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 07:21 pm:

It's 2014, Philip.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 07:28 pm:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, knock on the door and ask if it's for sale!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 07:51 pm:

Phillip,

It's a slant windshield with side-lights!

Could be interesting find if that's how it was built in the beginning! Do stop next time....it might be a late model car non-improved with stem-winder only ignition!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 08:01 pm:

Large rear drum.

Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 08:08 pm:

I spoke to the owner two years ago and it was for sale. Asking price then was $15,000. Who knows, maybe the asking price has become more realistic since we last spoke.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 08:09 pm:

'26

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 08:14 pm:

Not 26.

23 - 25

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 08:19 pm:

You might be right Jerry, I was thinking those are Large drums on the rear end. Then of course there's the slant windshield. But then you've been at this longer then me so I'll yield to the expert in this case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 08:19 pm:

24-25... has a high hood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 08:20 pm:

I see what you're thinking though, that radiator cover looks pretty darn black. Hmmmmm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 08:25 pm:

Ok this is my last official guess, Late '25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 08:31 pm:

Balloon tires, large rear drums, slanted windshield, early fenders, my bets are on it being a 1925. What my question is, if it is a non-electric car because of the side lights, are the headlights magneto? Hap a little help here, please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 09:14 pm:

Yes, if a true non electric car the headlights would be magneto.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 09:44 pm:

Forgot to mention it's behind a chain link fence with "No Trespassing" sign attached.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 11:09 pm:

Plenty of electric Model T's have had cowl lamps attached, just because their owners felt that they made the car "look more like a Model T."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 11:36 pm:

I've got a question; the larger improved brake drums were announced on the "new improved Fords" on August 26th 1925 and the 1926 models started July 27th 1925 and "if" in fact this car came from Ford with the larger brake drums, then wouldn't this car have been 1926 or newer? The encyclopedia also states that the nickel radiator shell was offered as an option on open cars and it was standard on the closed cars. The high style radiator started late in 1923 and continued through the end of the Model T. The issue I'm having with this car is; it appears the body might have a 5 PC back as opposed to a three piece as provided starting in 1922. It almost appears to have an extra seam on the side of the bode behind the rear door. How do ya'll see my observations?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 11:38 pm:

Phillip,
Why don't you buy that. Then you would you would have a T that will haul more than two people. I take that old junky couplet off your hands. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration