Old Photo - Brass Era Street Scene, The Hopewell Bakery

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Brass Era Street Scene, The Hopewell Bakery
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 11:15 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 04:14 am:

Looks like one of the few 1912 Delivery cars, a late knock down Beaudette body (if I remember what John Regan has told us right.. ;) )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 07:24 am:

Another one parked ahead of it too. The truck in the front has a tail light but it appears to be missing on the other truck. Great pic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 08:08 am:

Called a Pie Wagon also? Can't decide if I like them or not, but they sure are unique.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 11:46 am:

I'd love one but the garage door isn't tall enough. Same reason I don't have a C-Cab TT wrecker!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 12:23 pm:

Val,
You can make the needed adjustments to the garage door with a chain saw. After all, what's more important, the door or a T? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 12:30 pm:

The hardest part would be finding an original Delivery car.. only about 4 known. Making a reasonably authentic repro would be possible, but not easy..
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/295299.html?1339718730

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 01:26 pm:

It looks like a 1912 OK, but then it looks like it is Right Hand Drive. Could it be an NRS delivery wagon?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 01:42 pm:

It is left hand drive. Note the horn bulb on the drivers side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 05:20 pm:

I love 'C' cab delivery vans. They are very pretty and distinctively a model 'T'. I love them. Great photo with extremely rare rear detail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 09:16 pm:

Yes rear views of any car you are trying to restore are a most welcome find. I cannot tell if the vehicle is knock down version or not since the angle of the thing and the amount of mud on it kinda hides the details. I also cannot tell if it is an early or late version since the location of the carbide generator and horn tube are hiding the area where I might see if the body has the seat box reinforcement that was on the later versions. It is for sure a Ford 1912 Delivery car since it sports the round decal near the horn tube.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 10:51 am:

Something in history Hopewell N.J. is famous for.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration