Spring/Summer Swap Meet Planning

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Spring/Summer Swap Meet Planning
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 07:34 am:

Only have time (and money) to make one swap meet/car show this spring/summer here in the upper-Midwest. Which would be the best one to find the best selection and deals of Model T stuff: Little Hershey or Iola? Or, are there other options out there within easy striking distance from northern WI?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 07:50 am:

I have been to both and if you need parts fir T's, then Iola will offer more, It is a heck of a long walking day, but will yield more stuff and is way larger.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 12:00 pm:

I've found some good Model T items at Iola, and their car show always has some beautiful early cars. I enjoy going to Wisconsin and hearing people gripe about how 85 is so hot. Makes me smile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 01:05 pm:

Kevin:

Since you are in Danbury, WI, you should consider the following Minnesota swap meets:

Model T Ford Reunion - Farmington, MN (Dakota County Fairgrounds, just south of the Twin Cities) - tour on
Saturday June 14, 2014, show and swap on Sunday, June 15, 2014. They usually publish ads in Vintage Ford and Model T Times a couple issues prior to the event.

Cameron Swap Meet in Owatonna, MN - held in early November at Mark and Sheri Cameron's homestead. Mark usually puts a notice in the MTFCI Forum.

They are smaller but very enjoyable swap meets focused on Model Ts. I've always had good luck selling at both.

Another swap meet to consider.

Pantowners (August):
http://www.pantowners.org/2013carshowphotos.html

There used to be a lot of old timers with Model T parts but they have thinned out over the years. Otherwise, it is a good show and swap meet if you like to be around old cars and parts.

Erik in Minneapolis

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration