OT-Get Out Your Checkbooks and Bid to Own a Piece of History!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT-Get Out Your Checkbooks and Bid to Own a Piece of History!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Glowacki on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 09:23 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Rare-1900s-Henry-Ford-Model-T-Car-Monument-Cast- Iron-or-Bronze-Marble-/181345056981?pt=Art_Sculpture&hash=item2a3901f8d5

I'm guessing $25,000 is a fair offer for this monument to Henry Ford....I just don't have room for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Glowacki on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 09:27 am:

Hey folks! Don't bid on this! I thought, due to the price, that it was a true monument (as was described in the item details) easily twice the size of an actual model T, and had even lined up a few trucking options and a crane to have it installed. I just realized it was 5 inches by 2 inches. I just put in an offer for $3.00 so nobody offer any more for this treasure ok? ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 09:29 am:

think they invert the , and the .

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 10:01 am:

haha, I offered 7.99 to him for kicks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald G Victory on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 11:49 am:

I bid $0.99 - Hope none of you out bid me...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 12:07 pm:

It looks like a Hupmobile coupe.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 12:24 pm:

-----------Copied from E-bay---------

Antique Rare 1900's Henry Ford Model T Car Monument Cast Iron or Bronze/Marble No/Reserve

This statue has beautiful cast iron or bronze detail all over Mounted on a solid marble base, beautiful details and decoration making this bronze or cast Iron an absolutely one of a kind masterpiece a must have for collectors !!! This is very unique piece and very beautiful possible 1908 or 1922 Ford Model T car display of the original American Ford which started in Detroit Michigan it's amazing how far Ford has come. Henry Ford was a great man he shared the wealth with his employees something that's rare now days. This art deco historical piece of cast iron car design from the early 1900's won't lost long I'm sure you won't find one like this anywhere else it is a extremely rare find it is worth way more than the starting bid.
This is a very rare opportunity definitely will add a special elegance to your home or office. It is very highly recommended in collection value.This monumental statue was explicitly created to commemorate Henry Ford's lifetime achievement he was a very important person to the American car history.It would be a perfect one of a kind addition to your collection for a great conversational piece for family and friends to admire for many more decades. This is a important piece of history to a social group as a part of their remembrance of historic times or cultural heritage, or simply as an example of historic architecture. Whether you are beginning to collect or an avid collector, this is an excellent quality item you do not want to miss.
Measurement Estimates: 5 1/2inches long- 2- 1/2inches wide
Weight: about 6-7 pounds
ACCEPTING BEST OFFERS/SEND OFFER N/R

"We will donate a percentage to the Typhoon victims of the Super Typhoon Haiyan for help with the devastation of the Philippines people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 12:43 pm:

Hey! Once one of gets that incredibly rare and amazing piece of artwork I have this great bridge that's just come up for sale. Make sure you PM about quick cause this baby is gonna go FAST.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 12:46 pm:

Why is it stamped on the bottom "Made In China"??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gelfer, Milwaukee WI on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 01:13 pm:

I'll take two!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 01:37 pm:

At least the shipping is reasonable, only 49.99.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 02:52 pm:

Guys, it's even rarer that you thought. The wheels only have eleven spokes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Glowacki on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 03:20 pm:

This has got to be one of my favorite e-bay posts of all time. Some of my favorite descriptions:
"Cast Iron...or bronze"
"1908.....or 1922"
"Art deco historical piece of cast iron car design"
"will add a special elegance to your home or office"
"monumental statue"
"a important piece of history"
"an example of historic architecture"

You've got to admire the seller for swinging for the fences....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 03:41 pm:

It's a three dollar bill.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 03:42 pm:

I was going to offer $0.99, but then I realized the shipping is $49.99... if that offer got accepted, he'd still make probably $40.00 on shipping off of me. No thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 04:40 pm:

I actually think it is rare! Most of these had a slot for coin's in the roof! bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 09:41 pm:

Do the Chinese copies have slots for coins? Maybe the slot in this one was welded shut with nickel or brass welding rod!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 10:04 pm:

Kenneth,

That was funny!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 10:18 pm:

Mike,I'm told they do but they run sideway's!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 10:23 pm:

Oh oh. I hate to admit it but it's true. Hey, it was the end of the sixties, I was a long way from home and had gotten into some banana beer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 04:02 am:

I'd ask for a reduction in price because of RRear tire in blown.

George n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 06:17 am:

I think he's asking so much to cover the cost of his ad on ebay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 11:09 am:

Be careful... I wouldn't offer even $5 for it... With $49 shipping, it is possible that they could accept a $5 offer and you would be legally obligated to buy it for $55, which is still WAY more than it is worth.

The big price tag may just be a scam to get some unsuspecting fool who thinks they might get a deal to offer $100 for it!

I've heard of this sort of thing happening before.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration