Big news from Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Big news from Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 01:32 pm:

This morning on the news I heard Alan Mulally announce that in honor of Henry Ford's 150th birthday, FMC will produce 150,000 new Model T Fords. They will be doctor's coupes, and will be upgraded with 12 volts, distributors, water pumps, and needle thrust washers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 01:37 pm:

LOL! What day is it today? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 01:38 pm:

I heard they were announcing a recall on all existing Model Ts for differential thrust washers that can fail without notice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 03:16 pm:

Steve, if they're still gonna be $290 like before, I'll take a dozen. :-) Oh, wait a minute, I heard that my Nigerian benefactor got arrested so I may not have the money. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 03:19 pm:

I read recently that Ford was recalling 165,000 Mercurys. They found traces of tuna in them.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Burg on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 03:25 pm:

Good one Dick...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 04:27 pm:

I'm glad it's not "April Fools Week"

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 04:59 pm:

Dick, now that is funny! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 05:03 pm:

Thanks for getting my hopes up, Steve. After all the recalls of these computerized appliances (cars aren't machines anymore) I bet there would be a market for new T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 05:14 pm:

Strange, we heard in Australia they were going to recall 15 million model Ts with the steering column on the wrong side and correct the anomaly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 09:45 pm:

Oh man, I. Hope that old bag from GM that was testifying today doesn't get wind of this. She's going to be handing out resumes soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 04:25 am:

Steve, How is it that Bob Coiro and you heard or read the same thing, but the rest of us missed it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 06:46 am:

The story here in New England is that a Mr. S. Jelf is running for Governor of Kansas on the Antique ticket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 08:12 am:

GM's CEO doesn't look like an 'old bag' to me. Nancy Pelosi, now that's an old bag !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 08:42 am:

Right on Terry!...right now she and her puppet on Pennsylvania Ave. are gloating over the so called "success" of you-know-what along with that other old bag running it, but just wait 'till the next 18 months when 75% of the country's hard working middle class and even retirees bills double in cost and we all go bankrupt. So far the only media-yes, I actually do despise them jts, is Fox news who was brazen enough to actually bring up the subject to some politician idiot, who of course, could't, or rather wouldn't, answer the question. Stay tuned!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 09:11 am:

Some people accuse me of starting political rants. Mostly I just respond to antagonistic drifts like above.

Obamacare is a giveaway to the insurance companies just like Bush's Medicare prescription drug plan is a giveaway to the drug companies.

We need Medicare Part E, for Everybody.

Medicare has a 3-4% overhead, while the ins companies have had unlimited profit. Now they are limited to 20%, and can't reject you for prior health condition. That is a biggie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 12:32 pm:

Okay Terry, I admit, she doesn't look like an "old" bag. Not even a middle aged bag, and she wasn't trying to "switch" the direction of the conversation in an attempt to "kill" all doubt. Though there were times when I was afraid she was going to "crash and burn". See what I did there?

In all seriousness, GM has itself in a bit of a bind. What happened to the people in those vehicles and the effect on their families is pretty darn horrendous. Earlier I was watching a committee hearing testimony from the ex-director of the CIA regarding Ben Ghazi. It all seemed a bit contrived To the point of being scripted. I was only into it for a few minutes, decided he'd killed his own credibility and went to watch "The Simpsons" instead. Now I'm back at being intellectually stunted and feel much better about myself. Well, I guess I'm still not ready to believe in Obamacare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 01:05 pm:

I like to how many of the GM Ig. switches that failed might have had two many keys and trinkets hanging on them. This has been a switch failed problem for years, but now we have a way to screw up car Co. called stupid owners and lawyers. Not that car Co. aren't cheep in something's that they do.

My 3&1/2 cents worth (inflation you know.)

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 01:47 pm:

Hang enough "stuff" on your key ring, and even good switches will eventually fail. VOE, BT,DT (wife's car).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 03:42 pm:

My step daughter has a Chevy Cobalt that is part of the recall and her mother and I bought it for her. She is driving a rent car (a Ford) at our expense, until GM gets her car repaired. When GM first announced the recall, (about a month ago), I asked the dealer when the repair would be made. The answer was that GM didn't even have the replacement part and it would be the first week in April, at the earliest, before they would start setting appointments for repairs.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration