House wire wheel "hub cap" parts available?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: House wire wheel "hub cap" parts available?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 03:15 pm:

I'm looking for what I'm going to call the ratchet pins and springs for the inside of the House hub cap. Is there anyone making parts for the House caps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 07:39 pm:

What do they look like, I might have some mixed in with my buffalo spares.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 10:26 pm:

What I'm calling the "pins" are kind of "L" shaped brass that slide in the cap and are beveled on the end that "ratchets" in the teeth on the hub. The springs are wire, kind of horseshoe shaped that hold the "pin" in the teeth of the hub.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 12:38 am:

Here are a couple of ‘House’ wheel patents, an original and a reapplication.
Perhaps the drawings may be of some help.

Henry A. House Jr.
Buffalo, New York
Assignor to
Wire Wheel Corporation Of America
New York
Detachable Wheel
Patent number: 1363598
Application Date: Feb 10, 1916
Issue Date: Dec 28, !920
http://tinyurl.com/knymhx9

Henry A. House Jr.
Buffalo, New York
Assignor to
Wire Wheel Corporation Of America
New York
Detachable Wheel
Patent number: 1528729
Application Date: Feb 10, 1916
Issue Date: Mar 3, 1925
http://tinyurl.com/m44l53y

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 11:28 am:

Adv. from 1919 showing the House (Wire Wheel Corp of America) wheels

Then...this ad. from 1922 introducing a 'new' style hubcap in left and rights.

Close up of 'new' cap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 09:02 pm:

I've got the "old" style....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration