Fun road trip story link

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Fun road trip story link
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 06:55 pm:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/car-life/classic-cars/across-america- in-a-model-t---at-age-17/article16282593/

Anyone know these guys?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 07:27 pm:

Looks like the trip took place in the 1950's or 60's.
"Nova Scotia man (looks like about 70 yrs old now) recalls the trip of a lifetime he took as a teenager"

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 11:11 pm:

There was an interesting comment about adjusting the Edsel's door hinges with a sledge hammer, It is a practice that I have sued many times with later model Ford vehicles, When a door sags over time, if you put a hammer head in the lower hinge and close the door on it (sometimes you have to slam it closed) it will adjust the hinge so the door will close

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 01:51 am:

Wow, and we say how youth is wasted on the young. They had NO idea what they were doing, fools rush in....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 10:22 am:

That would have been the cat's meow. Would love to do a trip like that. Where are these young men now is the question?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 11:13 am:

Oh good grief!! A friend and neighbor of mine named John Dawson (he lives a block away and I have known him for at least 20 years) told me when I got my T that he and some friends drove from here to California in the fifties in a Model T. I can't wait to send him this link....

That answers one third of your question, Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 01:23 pm:

Dick, that is ironic. Can't wait to hear what he says. Small world.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration