Attn: 26-27 Coupe Owners

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Attn: 26-27 Coupe Owners
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 12:01 am:

What do you guys use for the weather seal on the top edge of the 26-27 coupe decklid. My painter (or the media blaster that he sent it out to) removed the original seal (that was still good) and the metal hold down strip, and now they can't be found.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 12:34 am:

Hey Terry, I used the one that Lang's sells. Looked kinda hokey when I got it, but once installed I found it to be invisible with either the door open or closed. It does do the job of sealing the top opening when closed. It comes with a metal strip to fasten to the lid with sheet metal screws. Since it is out of sight, it is also out of mind. I couldn't take a picture of it, but the link below takes you to a pic worth 1000 words.

http://www.modeltford.com/item/57511X.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 04:16 am:

Thanks, Wayne. That's exactly what I was looking for. I don't know how I missed it in their catalog. I've even got their latest, and still didn't see it. I'm glad there is a replacement, and yes, it looks just like my original that was lost.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration