Old Photo - Fordson Tractor Moves The Earth

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Fordson Tractor Moves The Earth
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 07:58 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 08:34 pm:

Do you think that is a dump trailer that was loaded by a steam shovel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 12:14 am:

With the smooth, skinny tires that Fordson had, I bet "IT" didn't move much earth !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 08:55 am:

I like the disc wheels, but like Terry said with those tires your not going to move much dirt. The tires must have been for some special purpose, anyone have any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 09:07 am:

My bet is just advertising

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave DeYoung ......... Stoughton, WI on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 09:15 am:

The wheels were for parade purposes. Steel on pavement not a good idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 09:30 am:

I have seen Fordsons with hard rubber tires like these for use in factories and airports.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 09:55 am:

A friend of mine had a Fordson tractor with that type of tire, it came from a mine that Ford bought to produce his own batterys, but the mine was idled after he found a supplier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 12:35 pm:

The reprint of the 1926 Fordex book shows an ad by W&K Wheel Company showing this type of wheel and tire being used on industrial tractors to move skids and wagons in warehouses and plants and as airport tugs.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration