Portland Swap Meet 2014

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Portland Swap Meet 2014
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 10:35 am:

Who all will be there?

Be sure to stop by the HCCA booth in the corner of Hall D, peruse the wares, and visit a while. I will be there all three days.

Let me know if there is anything specific you are looking for. If I have it, I'll bring it.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 09:07 pm:

Hi Keith, I will be there sat. all day. one thing I'm looking for are some rusty looking 15' fenders for a friends project. and I'm also looking for a few 15' side lamps brass doors ( I know it's a long shot) hope to see you there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 09:13 pm:

Will be at work all weekend but will be at the meet on Friday with my rain coat on and a little money in my pocket. I don't know what I need, but I will know it when I see it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 09:35 pm:

There is a very original 15 center door in A hall in the cars for sale section. If you come down you need to check it out. There are a couple of booths with a lot of T parts, I did see a set of 15-16 rears but they are new. I will be at "The Model A Ford Works" booth all 3 days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 08:47 am:

I will be there on Sat most of the day. Keith is Spencer going to be there? Hope to meet up with all of you. Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Young--- Maltby, WA on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 11:22 am:

I will be attending Friday. I did the race track swap meet yesterday. Wore out one pair of shoes!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 10:57 pm:

Wow, so glad the weather man was wrong. No rain and I got more stuff this year than usual. I was starting to wonder if any more T stuff was going to be around. Seems I saw more of it this year than recent years (some great deals too). Will post a photo link once they all get loaded up. Also got to meet up with and talk to lots of folks I hadn't seen in a while. Great fun. To bad I gotta go back to work now. Enjoy everyone for the rest of the week end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 12:16 am:

Dennis-
Spencer has a scout camp-out this weekend that he is attending and I am not.
He is the Troop's Senior Patrol Leader, so he's gotta be there.

Y'all stop by and say hi!
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 12:25 am:

Here is a link to my photos of Friday activity that I saw.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bruckzone/sets/72157643440145184/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 08:27 am:

Erich,
Thanks for the great pictures. That original centredoor really is magnificent. I would love to own it! Best of both worlds. Nice brass car with weather protection. How much was the 26' Coupe?
Save up and come visit us for the 2016 Tour. We would love to have you.
Warwick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 09:27 am:

Who had the Buffalo hubs, Erich ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 09:55 am:

Warwick, I would love to go. Not counting it out, but it would be a loooooong shot.

Steve, those were under a table at the HCCA stall.

I also was in love with that centerdoor. I hope it goes to a person who will preserve it and enjoy it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil McKay on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 10:01 am:

The asking price on the the 26 coupe was $10,500.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 10:06 am:

Now I need any and all information I can find for the stromberg LF carb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 10:09 am:

Erich,

Can you send high res images of the center door to me via email please? It is spectacular. You and I will likely never see a better example.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 11:44 am:

That '15 Sedan looks a lot like one formerly owned by Bill Barth. I believe he sold it to Kim Dobbins, who sold it to someone else. The sign on the front window says to contact Jim Gordon for info. Is that the same car, Kim?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 12:14 pm:

Royce, no problem. Sent you a message.

There is a way anyone can do it from the flickr link above, but they have made it more complicated to do than it once was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 01:13 pm:

I had the opportunity to purchase this Center door a couple of months ago and inspected the car very closely.

It is the best example of an original center door I have ever seen. The interior is incredible with very minor wear. The wood is solid and the doors close as good as new. The metal is sound and no obvious rust thru. The overall patina is correct and proper for a car of its age, this is not a recreation.

You can not go wrong purchasing this car, it is an incredible specimen, and would be a wonderful addition to your collection. The owner is a stand up guy and totally honorable, as I purchased 2 fords from him earlier.

The only reason I did not buy the car was that I had just purchased the barn fresh 1912 touring and the restored 1912 Torpedo from the same gentleman.

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 01:41 am:

Mike-
You are correct.

Here are as few more pics...

The gas tank is under the back seat, so since the travel of the gas flow is so long, the intake manifold (and heat stove)is extra long...

The cowl lamps were electrified and a spot light was added...

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 02:56 am:

This is the same Center door I mentioned in a thread a few weeks ago. I saw it in 1983 (from memory) in Bill Barth's garage in Detroit, great to see it looks to have been kept in the state it was then.

Appears that several people have owned it since, great car but I would be hesitant about having it as a "driver" it really is so rare it should be in a museum IMHO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 04:54 am:

What was the asking price for the 15 center door?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 09:11 am:

$27,000

https://flic.kr/p/mLUMkK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 09:42 am:

Jim drove the 15 past me as I was getting in my truck to leave, I would not have see it if I was not looking up. It was so quiet as it just rolled down the road. Jim told me the engine and transmission are really smooth running. I got to see it about 2 or 3 months back for the first time. It sure does have the "WOW" factor going for it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration