Charlotte Auto Fair

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Charlotte Auto Fair
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 09:50 pm:

"150 acres containing over 10,000 vendor spots, no golf carts allowed--electric scooters/wheelchairs only." I rode mine today until the batteries were almost done and found more T parts than I could have put in a bushel basket! That's not totally true--I also saw a front axle with springs and wishbone, one rear fender, and a half dozen hollowed out rear end housings. There was one nice set of early wood felloe wheels and even a complete and running 27 coupe. To encourage early cars for the Saturday show they allow us to stay in our motorhomes in a fairly level area adjacent to the show field -- and they don't even charge you "double campground pricing" like Hershey. They even have some plug-ins around the perimeter (of course there are several on the same 20 amp breaker). It's too soon to form an opinion, however, so far it looks like more of a hot rod (or at least other than early car) swap meet. Maybe I'll find the early stuff tomorrow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 07:58 pm:

Mike The last time I when to Charlotte it was the same story. Lots of vendors, little Model T stuff. Most was Rods or 60/70 stuff. I think that will be what you will see at most meets here in the South. At Hershey last year there was talk of a pre war meet to be held at New Market VA. I told the planner I would bring a load of stuff. Have not heard anything else. Does anybody know any more? Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 09:33 pm:

I live about 15 miles from the speedway that the auto fair is taking place and I aint been there since April 2006.
Frankly I would feel my time was better spent saving my money for a trip to Chickensaw in March.

More of a hot-rod show and junk sale.
T parts are sparse and few between.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 10:02 pm:

I did see 3 rear 23in TT wheels today--no rims or lugs. I don't see it changing. When I mentioned to one vendor it was nice to see someone with some early/Model A stuff rather than hot rod stuff, he told me he wished he had hot rod stuff--the early stuff wasn't selling! There are some interesting early vehicles here for the show tomorrow, but, now there is a chance of rain, so, they may not make it out of their trailers. I'm glad I'm retired and live close. I'd hate to have taken off work and driven a long way for this!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Richmon on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 10:35 pm:

Hey fellows I've been coming to CHarlotte for at least 20 years, it's just not a T following crowd. I got here Thursday and only wondered the inside track vendors, but saw a fair amount of T stuff this year and lots of Model A parts, with great prices. Tomorrow I'll hit the outside vendors to see what turns up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 12:12 am:

Just got these pics emailed to me from buddy who was at the Charlotte Auto Fair today, some nice T's for sale seems to me, and he found quite a few parts, sorry now I missed it :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 09:01 am:

I went Saturday and walked the infield and a lot of the green field. I've had spaces there for twenty years now. Things have really changed for the early stuff. It used to be you could find some quality early parts but now it's all mostly muscle car and hot rod. I did see a set of wire wheels, three were In very good shape but the fourth had been ran with loose lug nuts. Seller was asking 100.00$ a piece. It was good to see the 26 roadster driving around though.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration