Old Photo - Brass Era, Hauling A Piano

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Brass Era, Hauling A Piano
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 12:56 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 03:09 am:

That's a pretty slick piano dolly...looks to be just the right size, load sits slightly forward of axle.

I wonder how many folks today would still want a piano...as opposed to just a keyboard in a corner with a cover. To me nothing beats a decent piano when the person sitting there knows how to play.

The wife and I use to do duets at the same seat on an upright a zillion years ago and have fun doing it...oh that's right, think that was while dating and the piano was hers. (What a guy won't do, eh?)

Then we had a better grade piano when we married, the kids basically frowned at it and passed it by, and she played solo and I plunked solo...then a year or so ago, she went and got herself a Mason Hamlin Grand and hey, it's all hers now, I just sit and listen, but she plays well and it is nice. :-)

Even the dog knows a good sounding piano! Whenever she plays the dog will come from 'wherever' and lay close. Sure, I'm sure he feels it...keyboard could never give you that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 04:13 am:

Gee, you wouldn't want to hit a "sharp" object...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Rhoads on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 07:18 am:

...or have a "flat."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 07:23 am:

Wonder who he's mailing it to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 08:42 am:

Now that's funny!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 10:55 am:

I'll bet that brick street nearly shook that piano apart. Ditto on the Mason & Hamlin grand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 12:23 pm:

He's probably sitting there afraid to go down that hill with the Model T brakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 05:24 pm:

It might end in a crescendo...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 07:48 pm:

Ford-te Fortissimo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eddy Lee Emerson on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 09:59 pm:

I bought a player piano at a farm auction last weekend. I'm sure glad I had a better trailer than that to haul it home in. If I ever get through tinkering with my Model T's, I now have seven player pianos to restore. Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 11:44 pm:

Ditch the guts and turn them into dry bars! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 03:32 am:

A Pox on you Mark!! :-)
Eddy, You are in worse shape than me--I only have 5 to do!! And 3 are "mine" for my house! The other two were "rescues" to keep them from the dump (I now question that decision!)
I am now trying to make my living tuning pianos and repairing players; since I was laid off by the city 9 months ago, and no work around here, I'm going back to my original trade (was a tuner when I got married, then became a car restorer, than a museum curator & Performing Arts Center manager, and now back to piano tuning!
And Jay, you are very correct--modern folks use keyboards, but there's nothing like a real piano!
T'ake care,
David D.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration