Bolt size:body to frame

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Bolt size:body to frame
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george schreppler on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 09:12 am:

who knows the correct size of the bolts that attach the body to the frame in a early model t? are there washers used?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 09:20 am:

Look here:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/ncmtc/Technical/Bolts_nuts_threaded_items.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Klem on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 11:17 am:

Great resource Steve!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 08:47 pm:

Front mount bolts are hex bolts 7/16"-20 x 25/32"; center are the same size but 1" long, and the rear are also the same size but 1-9/16" long. All have drilled shanks and use a castle nut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 12:35 am:

I think there is an error on the list that Steve linked to, but what a wonderful reference.....
On the radiator mounting studs I have seen, all have been drilled at both ends, one for the split pin for the nut and the other end for the pin on the retaining plate.

3929 1909 - 1916 Radiator Mounting Stud 3/8" 2 7/16" 24 None Drilled one end, threaded both ends 2
3929B 1917 - 1925 Radiator Mounting Stud 3/8" 2 7/8" 24 None Drilled one end, threaded both ends 2
3929B-2 1926 - 1927 Radiator Mounting Stud 3/8" 3 1/2" 24 None Drilled one end, threaded both ends 2
3929C Radiator Stud Nut 3/8" 24 Castle 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 12:44 am:

I found a couple of errors too. I contacted the webmaster about them and he corrected them. Today I noticed a couple of others, so I'll tell him about those too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 09:08 am:

Steve, if possible, please let us know when all the corrections are incorporated so that we can go and pull the corrected chart, thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 09:49 am:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration