Newbies T finally home sweet home

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Newbies T finally home sweet home
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 09:08 pm:

Wanted to thank all you guys who helped me out the past few weeks in trying to decipher what year the T i was looking at, actually was. It was advertised and titled as a 22, but after lots of great advice from lots of people here i discovered that it is indeed a 25. High hood, 2 bolt door latch, engine# 1198xxxx, plus lots of other tips that made it pretty clear that this is a 25, well pretty sure anyways. Just wanted to thank you guys, i have a bunch of pics if you're interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 09:25 pm:

Yes, let's see. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 09:41 pm:

Thanks Steve, here we go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 09:46 pm:

Nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 09:49 pm:

Beautiful car!
I see the previous owner used the hose clamp trick under the exhaust manifold nut too....... ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 09:54 pm:

I like it! Enjoy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 09:57 pm:

Thanks Bob!..and Craig i was wondering about that, do the nuts have a tendency to back themselves loose?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 09:57 pm:

If the mechanicals are as good as the cosmetics, you've got a winner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 09:59 pm:

Thanks Wes, i already am.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 10:11 pm:

Steve its actually an older restoration that was completed in 87. The last owner had it garaged and apparently drove it sparingly, he passed away three years ago. When i went to look at it the gas tank was drained as well as the radiator. After filling all the fluids and a new battery, it cranked right up. I hope that's a sign of good things to come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 10:17 pm:

That is one very clean car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 10:20 pm:

Nice Runabout ! I have a twin to yours in the loft in pieces - was a retirement project that I haven't quite gotten to yet and that was six years ago ! I'll keep your photos so I know what it will look like someday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 10:22 pm:

VERY KOOL! Well done etc etc. Much fun is in your future...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 10:31 pm:

Thanks Bob, I'm glad you liked it. And Steve, twins are cool!...The man who had her restored named her Mildred, so Mildred it is, keep that in mind when you finally complete your project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 11:17 pm:

Looks shinier than any of mine. Needs driving!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 11:39 pm:

Great T John...very clean !!! Have you had a chance to look at the title to see if it reflects 1922 ?? Perhaps at title changing time if it still shows 1922 you could be armed with Bruce McCalley's engine number guide for each model year to convince the clerk to revise it. One thing I did not see in the pics was a connection to the brake pedal for a brake light. It may be prudent to check it out before you start to drive it around town. Do the head and tail lights even work?? As good as it looks, I would think every thing works. Good Job !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 11:42 pm:

Royce, she will never be a trailer queen, she will be driven like she was intended to be driven.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 11:55 pm:

Wayne, the Ma. title clearly says 22 ford T with the numbers on the title matching the numbers on the motor, its a mystery why. As far as the lights go, yes i did make sure the headlights worked, but i neglected seeing if the brake light worked, thanks for pointing that out i will check that tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 12:02 am:

That's a beauty, John! Yep, definitely made to be driven. Can't wait until I replace the coupe I sold last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 12:13 am:

Danial, i bought this T to enjoy and experience. This is new territory for me and i plan to explore every aspect of it. Believe me, it will be driven.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 12:20 am:

Years ago when I worked at the local museum, a fellow came in and asked if I could tell him anything about the house where he lived, the former home of Judge Parker, the hangin' judge. Well, Judge Parker lived in Fort Smith, Arkansas, not Arkansas City, Kansas. The house belonged to "Judge" Vaughn, a local justice of the peace around 1900. I knew about him because my grandma's youngest brother married his daughter.

The point of this little story is that when history is told, what is said isn't necessarily what people hear. I have no trouble at all imagining somebody saying 1925 and somebody else hearing 1922 and registering a car that way. This is why historians, competent reporters, and others who write information like to have more than one source.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 12:31 am:

Steve, you have some great info and stories. I really enjoy reading what you have to say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 12:49 am:

Tomorrow night, if the milk pitcher doesn't run away with the Gingerbread Man, I'll tell my story about Death Valley Scotty. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 12:50 am:

He's got some great vids, too...grin..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 12:55 am:

I'll be tuning in, pending the outcome of course.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 01:43 am:

Beautiful T! None of the Ts I have had were that nice when I got them. Come to think of it, only one was anywhere near that nice when I sold it.
Nice T! Congratulations.
Welcome to the affliction!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 02:50 am:

When I bought my ebay '19 Touring it looked better in person than in the photos...... .:-)
A new top really spiffed it up.
John.......some people have trouble with the manifold nuts loosening.
The one on my Touring has stayed put.
The one on my '27 Tudor wouldn't so I hose clamped it.
End of problem.
I'll guarantee everywhere you go with dat purdy little thing people are going to take notice........and love it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 05:37 am:

A beautiful car, John. IMHO you certainly have the right idea- cars were made to be driven.
To paraphrase Franklin D Roosevelt "In the use, not in the mere possession lies the enjoyment".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 08:15 am:

I see many miles of smiles in your future :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 08:39 am:

John, you really got it made with that car. Really clean and correct. As for a brake light, Model Ts don't have brake lights. That light on the back is a tailight only.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 08:57 am:

John, to add to what Dave said...I would recommend converting that tail light into a tail/stop light, like I did on my '20, which incidentally is pretty much a "twin" to yours too! Be curious what you paid for it to compare with what I did. P.M. that to me from my profile if u wish. It's very easy to convert that tail light, just get a double filament socket and a brake light switch from Fun Projects..excellent quality switch. Makes things a lot safer. Then, I always recommend adding the "E-light" turn signals from Egypt Garage. Work great, wireless, easy to install and move from car to car.

Enjoy the ride!!
Tim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration