Old Photo - 1913 Ford Dealership Stock Room

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - 1913 Ford Dealership Stock Room
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 11:43 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 01:31 pm:

A Model T head gasket hanging off the shelf, like so many of us today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 01:50 pm:

Buster Keaton style pork-pie hat.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 03:38 pm:

I guess the world was a more trusting place in 1913 judging by the fact the floor safe behind the guy on the left is surrounded by glass windows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 09:49 pm:

Dat's a good one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 10:02 pm:

In those days they didn't have four wheel drive trucks to hook onto a safe and drag it out the door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 10:05 pm:

That must be an engine block on the floor in the left side of the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 03:00 pm:

And an asbestos-wrapped muffler on the floor near the back wall at the right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 05:08 pm:

I spy a crankshaft on the far end of the upper shelf.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arthur J. Solie on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 06:06 pm:

Looks like as Oliver typewriter on the table. Art in Pahrump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arthur J. Solie on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 06:14 pm:

Looks like as Oliver typewriter on the table. Art in Pahrump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 07:59 pm:

.......actually,.....it's a "ROYAL" Art,......(not that it matters)!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 09:06 am:

Does anyone know the history of why they called that a "pork pie" hat? The reason I ask is that the first owner of my Delivery Car was a Pork Pie Baker. I know what a pork pie was but not sure how or why the hat came to be named that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 09:19 am:

According to Wikipedia (gasp), the hat supposedly bears some resemblance to a traditional pork pie, mainly I suppose the rolled rim around the top of the hat.

Here are a couple of pictures:

Pork pie: pork_pie

Pork pie hat: pork_pie_hat

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration