Laurel & Hardy with the Model T Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Laurel & Hardy with the Model T Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Schmidt on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 01:13 pm:

Here are some more photos

https://www.google.com/search?q=laurel+and+hardy+model+t+ford&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=gjlAU6aZL8SxsATP0oDYDg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=671

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 01:54 pm:

I think it needs an alignment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 02:09 pm:

It needs more that Henry, HO HO. I would have liked to have gotten in to there shop where they kept all there Ts just to see what all they had
created for the movies.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 02:52 pm:

That one got squashed between two street cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 03:16 pm:

A bit off-subject, but don't those look like Firestone accessory wheels??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Schmidt on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 04:25 pm:

This is another view. It almost appears that from the hood back, the car has not been modified. Just the front end and radiator.
I wonder if it was steerable?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Schmidt on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 04:32 pm:

This is the T that was caught between the street cars. It is still in existence.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 11:38 pm:

If I recall correctly (it HAS been thirty years since I have seen any of L&H's wonderful movies), the first car pictured went between two street cars going opposite directions on two different tracks. I do not remember which film it was. Then again, there was one film where a T met a street car inside a tunnel. That could also have been the one?
I wonder how many of these were built for the Boys? County Hospital had the touring that split in the middle to make a U-turn. I think my favorite was the one where Stan has to pick the motor up out of the street, sets the motor in the back seat, then starts the car (fan running) and drives off. It is not quite as visual as the totally misshapen cars, but somehow I like the disjointed running engine. And the look on Ollie's face is priceless!
Thanks all!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 10:00 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 07:45 pm:

The rear axle in the second picture looks like a front axle installed instead of the standard rear end, no doubt to make it easier to pivot the wheels. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Mullis on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 06:45 pm:

I wonder how many movies have a Model T being destroyed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 08:27 pm:

Steve Schmidt, where is that car now? Who owns it? Any pics? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:46 pm:

Marty,

The car above that appears to have been "crushed" by two Los Angeles Railway streetcars is owned by, and on permanent display at The Petersen Automobile Museum in Los Angeles.

Before it was acquired by The Petersen, it was owned and displayed at Movieland Wax Museum in Buena Park. CA. That venue went bankrupt in the late 90's and it's assets were sold.

Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:54 pm:

Mike, thanks! I was just in LA this past summer. Wish I knew then. I'm a HUGE L and H fan.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration