What is this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: What is this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 09:11 pm:

A friend of mine has this and we both wanted to know what it is? Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 09:41 pm:

Timer elevator. Supposed to get the timer up out of the dirt and oil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 09:50 pm:

A. Transmission cover for a Maytag washing machine.
B. Bearing retainer for the oblong bearings on the front of an Acme Skyhook.
C. Motor mount for the tesla power unit on a 1944 General Motors Volt.
D. All the above.
E. None of the above.
F. A&B
G. A&C
H. B&C
I.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 10:02 pm:

I. Cast aluminum cover light enough to get a good swing onto Mike's Head

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 10:07 pm:

Dang it Andy, I knew I paid you way too soon for those parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 10:19 pm:

well that will teach ya

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 10:29 pm:

I'm sorry, Andy is wrong, the part is universal for all three applications on Bizzaro World. Therefore the answer is J.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 10:52 pm:

Could be Fordson tractor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 02:50 am:

Timer mount with generator mount?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 03:28 am:

Looks like an in-complete Do-Hicky, to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 05:55 am:

I may be wrong but it looks like the timer cover for a 1923 Henway. It uses a "Newday" timer and it offsets the timer to provide easier access for cleaning. Just thinking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 07:18 am:

Nah...can't be a Henway...

It's a Doancare...the double ignition adapter.

How it works is explained on the drawing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 08:27 am:

My guess is that it's an adapters to mount a generator on an early block. You can clearly see fan belt marks on one end of the casting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ex trooper on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 08:36 am:

Mike G....

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/ibax6f.jpg[/IMG]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 08:48 am:

Congratulations to Mark Grequish !!! You grabbed the 'brass ring' ! It is, indeed, a governor for a Model F Fordson tractor. I took one just like it off my '19 Fordson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 09:57 am:

Well that was fun. After shoveling all the s**t aside, we actually received a true answer, but that seems to happen with every question posted on this forum. Thanks Mark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 11:52 am:

Well, we can't let this thread end like that; we need to do a bit more shovelling.

Norm Grabowsky built a well-known hot rod from a Henway truck years ago. When people would ask him, "What's a Henway?" he would answer, "About 6 pounds." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 01:48 am:

Man, we're a little sensitive these days aren't we. But that's ok, this date has traditionally been a tough one for me.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration