Headlight chimneys (?) on a 1914. . .help!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Headlight chimneys (?) on a 1914. . .help!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 09:23 pm:

The chimneys (fonts?) (Victors), the brass part on top of the headlight where the heat comes out, keep falling off when I'm driving my 1914.
They're only held on by a set screw inside the headlight, but it looks like they should also be held on by 2 flanges on top of the headlight bucket. The flanges on mine are squashed down flat and the chimney just sets on top of the headlight bucket, with the set screw holding the front down until the vibration shakes it loose. The inside of the chimney looks like it should slide over 2 flanges.
Are there supposed to be 2 flanges for the chimney to slide on, then tighten the set screw? Hope this makes sense.
Thanks for any help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 09:35 pm:

Yes. There are two flanges that the chimney will slide onto and the set screw keeps them in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 09:38 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 12:06 am:

Thank you Ed. I have those, but they're pounded down flat. Guess I'll see if I can pry them up a little. Thank you again for your help.
Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration