Has anyone sent parts to New Zealand?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Has anyone sent parts to New Zealand?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Marshall on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 11:21 pm:

Has anyone in the States ever sent parts to New Zealand. Parts seem plentiful over your part of the world and even converting the dollar they seem to represent good value. I am comparing prices to buy some parts that I need. You also have so a huge array of parts available compared to New Zealand.

By the way... Why do all your cars have the steering wheel on the wrong side? or are all your photos flipped over mistakenly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 11:45 pm:

As a small business we regularly ship to New Zealand, Australia, England...etc. Small parts that can ship via US postal service are the easiest to ship and the most economical.

www.funprojects.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 02:06 am:

I have bought about 7 tyres (tires) in over the years when the NZD has been at it's highest. Buying them one at a time means that you are not paying tax on them, and they also don't get held up by the Inland Revenue Dept. Buying them in bulk saves on shipping (air freight) but you get caught with the tax and the wait.

The vendors I deal with (Langs mostly) have shipping down to a fine art, and if you keep the cost below $400nz, you will get it here tax free. The goods take about a week to arrive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 03:24 am:

I have sent many parcels to my family from Australia to New Zealand. Never had a problem other than me wanting to accompany the items so I can revisit your beautiful country. PS - I love your beer too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Simon Bayley on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 06:21 am:

Hi David

We have had great success with kiwishipping and have brought things like a Krw pan jig and early frame over at very good prices. Au to NZ expensive for large items but us is not bad. Spend me an msg if you want to know more.
Cheers Simon
Canterbury NZ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve miller- mississauga,ontario on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 11:24 am:

Our steering wheels are on the proper side, yours are up side down. ha ha
On the east and west coastal provinces of Canada the steering was on the right hand side up until about 1920. Central Canada was LHD .
Because Ford Canada shipped to the British colonies as well as domestically the frames were drilled for RHD and LHD attachments

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Phillips on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 05:43 pm:

It is a great time to be buying parts from the US as the NZ$ exchange rate is very good at the moment. I have been stocking up from Snyders, Langs etc Freight is ok for small items but it is best to get a quote before buying large items. The auto freight charges shown on Ebay are usually too high so again get the seller to provide an accurate freight cost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 05:50 pm:

I have sent a lot of machine gun and grenade parts to NZ, shipping is the killer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 01:06 pm:

If someone buys an item from me on eBay and they live in NZ the conversion from NZ$ to US$ is automatic. You can use Pay-Pal for non Ebay money transfers and may work the same way, you might have to covert on your end to get correct amount. Shipping from US to NZ, the shipper can use US Priority International boxes if the item will fit and seams to be a good buy. The price is still high.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration