I went for a ride today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: I went for a ride today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 08:54 am:

This was a warm spring day in NH so I went into the garage to work on my model A.
I had to move the T out of the way so I moved it into the driveway
After a day of frustration with the A I decided to take the T for a short ride
As I went down a dead end road a couple kids (5 - 8 years old) got excited and waved. When I returned they had mom and dad standing by the side of the road waving so I stopped and offered them a ride
They were all excited and dad asked a bunch of questions

Great way to meet neighbors

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 08:59 am:

Fred,
Great way to promote interest and get young people involved. Good story, thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 10:10 am:

Congrats to you for being willing and able to share, and congrats to those parents for dropping whatever they were doing to join into the excitement of the kids. They must have all enjoyed themselves.

Good work Fred.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 11:27 am:

That is the nice thing about having a Model T "suburban"!! You can pile in the whole neighborhood at once!! Can't wait to get my touring up and running so I can have the same enjoyment getting more people around here interested. Hard to do in a runabout, with only one extra seat at a time available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 11:49 am:

That's what's fun about. Driving T's. I see people drop everything and actually come out of their House's. As if. It's America's Heart even very young do it, as if they had some instinct inside them about the T . Why would a Young kid be over amazed even very young. Makes me think reincarnation

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration