Loss of a Great Friend

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Loss of a Great Friend
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 01:44 pm:

It saddens me greatly to send this out but Mr.Lynn Cook passed away this Saturday afternoon 4/5/14 at approximately 5pm central daylight saving time, at his home, in New Johnsonville, TN. Lynn had a sudden heart attack and arrangements will be announced later. He was a great friend and mentor to me and will be missed. Please keep his wife Sue in your Prayers.....\Chester
Mr. Lynn Cook

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson Salty Bottom, AL on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 01:53 pm:

Amen to that, Chet. Not a selfish bone in his body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 02:49 pm:

Lynn had a great sense of humor. I will miss his good nature and his stories. He will be deeply missed by many.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 04:39 pm:

Met Lynn on a couple tours. Very nice man.
My prayers are with his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 06:17 pm:

Lynn was a really nice gentleman. We met him on a Natchez Trace tour. I had a new to me coupe that had no external oiler and really wasn't fully ready for the tour. I lost a rod the first day and Lynn pulled one from under his seat. I shaved the babbit to fit my crank that night and was back on the road. He asked us to stop by his place on our way home after the tour and we had a chance to visit some more with he and Sue. Real nice solid family folk. He made sure I had one of his special stainless outside oiler kits and knew how he liked them installed. Did the same for our traveling companions and wouldn't take anything for the parts or time. We chatted on the phone a few times after we got back home and I'll always remember him as a kind and generous man.

Rest in peace good sir!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 06:29 pm:

Sorry to hear of the loss. Rest In Peace Mr Cook.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 10:26 am:

Services for Lynn Cook are:

Visitation:

Monday, April 7, 2014

4:00 PM until 7:00 PM

Ebenezer Methodist Church

8863 Old State Route 1

New Johnsonville, TN 37134

Funeral:

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

11:00 AM

Ebenezer Methodist Church

8863 Old State Route 1

New Johnsonville, TN 37134

From Highway 70 in New Johnsonville turn on Long Street and travel to deadend. You will be able to see Ebenezer Church across on your left.

In lieu of flowers the family has requested that any donations be made to:

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

262 Danny Thomas Place

Memphis, Tennessee 38105

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 09:51 pm:

sorry to hear that Lynn Cook passed away.
I met Lynn at the Model T tour in Hendersonville
NC years ago.
He and his wife Sue were wonderful people.
I last saw him in Kanab Utah on the Canyon lands
Iv tour last July.
My thoughts go out to his family.
REST IN PEACE LYNN

Iv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 10:09 pm:

Lynn was a great guy and will be missed. I always enjoyed visiting with him and Sue on several tours.
My condolences to the family.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration