TT dually

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: TT dually
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 02:47 pm:

Is this an actual, period accessory or something made up?
TT Dual rear wheels
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-no-1926-ford-model-t-c-cab-dually-stake-bed -truck-/181371058676?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2a3a8eb9f4&item=181371058676&pt=US _Cars_Trucks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 03:43 pm:

That is pretty awesome. If it's not a factory built accessory, it's definitely one of the more inventive homebuilt rigs I've ever seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 03:57 pm:

Budd and Disteel to name a few, produced dual wheels for the rear of the Ford trucks staring in the Early 20's or so. These wheels on this truck are not the usual solid disks as made by most of the steel wheel manufacturers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 07:43 pm:

I will ask a friend of mine about this. His Dad owned several TT's back in the day and I remember hearing him say they always had duel wheels. Said his dad ran over about every dog in the area as they weren't used to chasing anything with duels and that outside wheel would get them! KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 07:48 pm:

Mark Friemiller had a set of TT duals several years ago. The wheels were cast iron with flat base rims, very much like the modern Dayton wheels. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Haynes on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 10:23 pm:

I remember this truck in its unrestored state, sitting along Highway 12 just west of Rio Vista, CA. The man who restored it was a prince of a human being, one of the most genuinely nice people I have ever known. I haven't driven it, but I heard it run a number of years ago and it ran fine with nothing out of the ordinary.

At a young age I was wild about old cars and nearly 50 years ago I was walking home from school, probably third grade, and saw a shiny black Ford runabout, with straight windshield and nondemountable wheels, with its nose poking out of a garage. I walked, trance-like, to the car, only vaguely aware of voices (what were they saying? Yelling? I wasn't listening...). I continued walking to the car like I was being reeled in with a fishing lure set in my cheek. I stood frozen in front of the car, it was the most wonderful thing I had ever been so close to. Still, there were the voices, what?! What were they yelling?!

As I had walked, in my trance, to the car I was oblivious to the new wet concrete driveway. The car's owner and his son had just poured it and there was a diagonal track of small tennis shoe prints walking with short steps diagonally across the driveway. The owner later became one of my most cherished friends and his little black runabout was the first Model T Ford I ever rode in.

He went on to restore several more cars and trucks and he became an accomplished builder of historical models and miniatures.

He restored the truck with the duals. A couple of years ago I stopped at their former house and there they were... In the driveway; My shoe prints of 48 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 11:23 pm:

Dan, I think I remember that truck too. I spent a lot of summers in Rio Vista. My grandparents lived right on the river just north of town. A lot of good memories there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 03:29 pm:

I was wrong, I have seen these dual wheels before. They are the ones used on the 2 Ton truck that Ford was to produce and never did.

In this thread it was discussed along with some of the other experimental trucks.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/153891.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 03:46 pm:

Opps, I hit the wrong button.
Here are the picture of each. I think this is interesting stuff.

truck2

truck wheel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 06:13 pm:

Gator Gould in lower L.A. has a dually TT

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration