Escape-Freedom

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Escape-Freedom
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 07:36 pm:

April-I decided it was about time to get a T out. Enough of this winter crap. On Friday I decided to take my plow truck(F-250 Ford), and wanted to make a path from the garage to the road. I dragged the snow back a few times, and got the snow down to just about ground level. Rained heavily the rest of the day and night. Now I had a mud path to the road. Last night the temperature went down to 24 degrees. It froze the mud. This morning I was able to get the 25 Coupe out and drive it to church. We got about 3 hours driving time in today. Car ran perfect as usual. Sure felt good to be driving again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 09:22 pm:

it takes a lot of planing to live in the north, many projects that involve moving junk around, live or dead must be done in the morning before the frost warms up. in fall we must access the junk piles to make sure we have any parts that may be needed for the winter projects before they are buried in snow till spring. folks in a decent climate do not know the extra effort involved

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 09:27 pm:

I never have to shovel the rain.........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 01:52 am:

I was going to get the skid steer out today and dig my trailer out of the snow. It got up to nearly 50 degrees. The drifts are about 4 ft deep but when it's sunny and warm like that you just have to be outside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 08:10 am:

Clayton, You are right, you have to plan ahead. In January and February, my barns are inaccessible without a lot of shovel work. You get everything you figure you're going to use in your work garage. It seems like you always forget something and have to grab the shovel. The positive is, I get a lot done on my projects in the winter, and we don't have to deal with tornado's, floods, earthquakes,hurricanes, and forest fires. I can deal with the snow for a few months.I figured that we went four months without driving a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 08:24 am:

It's motorcycle weather down here about 11 months out of the year. July or August is out. It's just too dang hot to even be outside. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 09:22 am:

It was warm enough in NH for me to finally begin work on the 1931 Model A that came from my dad.
The A and T were garage buddies in the 60's and the A recently rejoined her older sister.

I am "old" enough to warrant not working on a car in a cold garage or work under a tarp when it snows like I did while in high school.
This was a perfect weekend in NH - in the 50's between the cold weather and black flies :-)

Each morning I pushed the T into the drive way to make room to work on the A .
At the end of the day I started the T to move it back into the garage - Half turn of the crank on Saturday and a free start on Sunday - :-)
Since the T was so accommodating with easy starts I had to take a short ride each time -
If my granddaughters were here for the rides the days would have been perfect.

As I was going down the road I realized how much I missed driving the T over the winter and how easy it is work on when compared to the modern Model A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 09:32 am:

Even with a high near 60, I built a fire in the kitchen stove last night. It was a colder than usual winter, and it's been a cooler than usual spring, so I'm looking forward to the predicted eighties later this week. I like being able to work without having to wear a coat.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration