Vintage Ford Show - Museum of Transportation - St. Louis

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Vintage Ford Show - Museum of Transportation - St. Louis
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 08:47 pm:

I haven't participated in car shows for a year or so, but I understand that the former "All Ford Show" at the Museum of Transportation in St Louis County last year was pretty much taken over by the Mustangs. This year, the Mustangs had their own show, and the Vintage Ford Show today was for 1958 and earlier Fords. The Model A club is having its national convention here this weekend, so they were well represented. On the other hand, our local Model T club turned out 16 cars, which may be the largest number of Model Ts that we have had at the museum for a show. I did get a kick out of pointing out to my Model A friends that the show as well organized - the old cars at one end and the new cars at the other... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 09:08 pm:

Dick, that is fantastic. Looks like a great day. Now tell us, what cars got more foot traffic, the Ts of the As?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 09:21 pm:

Dick, I enjoyed meeting you and several of the Model T Ford Club of St. Louis members at the show.

Here are some pictures of the club team demonstrating assembly and starting of a Model T in 8 1/2 minutes.

team01

team02

team03

team04

team05

team06

team07

team08

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 09:31 pm:

Erich, I'm not sure. It's a small show compared to some. I suspect that most show visitors looked at all of the cars. (Of course, they liked the Ts better....)

Mark, nice photos of the quick assembly demo. It is always a popular item when they do it. You modestly didn't point out that my third photo above is your roadster pickup, which is a very nice-looking car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 10:25 pm:

By next year my knees should be good enough to participate. Before my knee problems I brought my 11 and quad to a show at the museum. Enjoyed it and want to do it next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 11:49 pm:

Dick -- I see from pic #5 what Santa Claus does in the off-season. He attends old car shows! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 01:27 am:

Dick I think I spotted Laren Languth in a couple of photos. Was He there? Did he bring anything?

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 01:37 am:

Mike,
His name is Dave Becherer and is a retired school teacher and principle. The red touring behind him is his and he lives Santa all year. He is about the most outgoing most likeable guy I have ever met. The kids flocked to him but he only does Santa with them with parental permission.

Herb,
Laren is very tied up with some private matters and was not able to attend.

Steven

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration