Another Bakersfield Swap Meet Thread!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Another Bakersfield Swap Meet Thread!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 09:03 pm:

I just received my Space reservation. I'll be in the Car corral overflow area in space 12... come by and visit!

Look for the 1913 Red Model T just inside the car corral. I hope to have room for an easy-up to make shade for visitors.

Here's where to look, follow the arrow from the parking lot:

See you on Friday! Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Vagasky,Tucson on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 09:38 pm:

I'll be in E 82-83, first time as a vendor, hope it's better than Chickasha was.
Stop buy and say hello,.....then buy something :-)
Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 11:35 pm:

Time to enjoy the sunshine, warm weather....thaw out if your in the north east and enjoy a great swap meet. No need to bring a snow shovel or umbrella for this pre 45 swap meet. I will be in spaces O & P...say Hi! fill your bag and leave with a smile. I am selling numerous parts for a friend's wife who's husband passed away in Tucson Az. I must have something you need or want.

Even if you don't buy something, just have fun.

Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 12:17 am:

The weather is always better than Chickasha. Last I looked 81 Thursday and 87 Friday. Wear shorts and sun block.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 03:00 am:

Martin and I will be looking for you.
George n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 09:58 am:

Looking forward to meeting you Terry - see you all on Friday !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 11:34 am:

In Chickasha, some of the best buying/selling goes on while everyone is still lined up before the swap meet starts. At the Bakersfield meet, it is not tolerated to openly sell before Friday morning. It still happens, but nothing compared to Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 04:34 am:

I am dropping off in Arroyo Grande, CA today ...

I am available for enclosed Model T vehicle transport or I can haul to or from the Bakersfield Meet .....

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 07:38 am:

Cindy & I are finishing up the HCCA Grizzly Bear Tour this morning and will have the 15 Touring at the Swap Meet & Bakersfield Tour later today:-)
T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 01:29 pm:

We will be there with a big load of T stuff not seen there before. What are you looking for? Stop by and chat with us at D79/E29. Conversation only on Thursday, of course. They are sensitive about that.
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 12:55 am:

Can't make it again this year--rats!! Had some hope, but training class ran late today, and no time left for the LOOOOOONG drive down, and would have to be back for Sat afternoon, so will have to attend by looking at pics in the Forum.
Good Luck Terry and Erik!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 01:11 am:

Nice shot. I detailed the shadows a bit and gave you a little sunset lighting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 03:40 am:

And, once again, I made it home safely. I left the house at 1 am, arrived at the fairgrounds a few minutes before 7 am. Wandered around trying to get as many T parts as I could (spent too much I really couldn't afford, but got a lot of great stuff). I do not do well in the heat, hence moving to the mountains and trees nine years ago. I think several people thought I was going to croak right there, but I tell them that I am too stubborn to pass out. 5 pm, I hit the road for home, arriving safely just before 11 pm. Tomorrow, unload the Eggs-pedition, it was nearly to the roof. Just ask Terry H. He kindly helped me load up. Thank you Terry!
I wonder how many more years I can keep doing that?
Lots of good friends to visit with as well. Ralph Ricks looked good. I was very pleased to visit with him for a bit.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 03:28 pm:

Wayne,
In answer to your question of how many years;
"I couldn't live like that!"
(Line from old comedy routine, "The Prospectors")
Heck I can't even do Turlock like that anymore--be awake at "Dark-thirty" then drive for hours, then wander the swap meet for hours and then drive back home for hours--all in a 22 hour day--Maybe ten years ago, not now!! -- I I could still do that, I'd probably met you in Bakersfield!
So How about some more reports for those of us who couldn't attend???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 03:42 pm:

I went this morning arriving a little before 9:00 am. My list was made and I had money to spend.

Bought a decent 14 fender for $40.00, a Quinn steering wheel for $75.00 and a used brass/bronze timing gear for $20.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 09:06 pm:

I'm glad I went, but was disappointed I didn't find more parts. I was on the Grizzly Bear Tour as well, and really enjoyed the tour. Thanks to Michael Sullivan for putting it on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 10:55 pm:

I was there at 7:00 AM and found 6 ignition coils. There were a lot more, but these I will add to my collection. Sometimes I can find one or more which will work and then I can save a lot on rebuilt ones. There were quite a few cars from rust buckets to nice cars for sale, and many many parts. At this time I have 3 Model T's which all run and are complete, so I don't have a long list of parts I need, but There were a lot of parts and tools for sale. I saw a good exhaust packing nut wrench for sale and I saw a Spartan Model A horn for $50. I don't know if it honks, but they are usually over $100. Anyway, I hope the vendors sold enough to pay for their space and will be back in the future. The Bakersfield swap meet is one of the best in Southern California.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 02:45 am:

DB front axle, 2 decent early radius rods, 1 early brake rod, and a jack so I won't have to bum one from someone on the next tour. All for $250. Now I'm set until next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 03:45 am:

Anyone got any pictures? Love to see it for real!
Thanks. Warwick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 09:08 am:

Anyone know the dates for the 2015 Bakersfield Swap??

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration