Old Photo - Hixon Township, Clark Co., WI

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Hixon Township, Clark Co., WI
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 11:04 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 08:00 am:

Either community mailboxes are nothing new or there are 18 people living in that building.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 08:40 am:

Perhaps the Madam required each one of her girls to have their own mailbox.

I see the Mayor stopped in for a visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 08:42 am:

Oh gosh that's too funny Dave! I can't think that quick this early in the morning! I remember community mailboxes as a kid, had to walk half a mile and around a corner to get to ours. No worries about identity theft back in those days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 08:44 am:

Dennis, would that maybe be the "pimp-mobile"? LOL
We musta been typing about the same time! Got tons of rain here last night, did you see they're talking a fair possibility of "measurable snow" next tuesday? Nothing like spring in Ohio!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 08:46 am:

Jay, if you have a higher resolution image of the above picture, can you post a closeup of the sign on the building? I zoomed in and it looks like a man in front of a bucking horse, but I can't be sure.

sign

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 11:13 am:

Mark, Sorry, that's the best it gets. I believe your right, it does look like a prospector and a bucking mule.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kyle Pierce on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 01:18 pm:

Place still exists. Was the Redville store on Rural Route #2. That is Charles Riggs' T taken in 1920.

Now

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 06:47 pm:

To day they only get JUNK mail that's the reason for the trash truck being parked there, no need for any stinking mail boxes.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 08:26 pm:

Bob, Good one! Thanks for the laugh!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 08:20 am:

They must produce a lot of trash. Burn barrel in back, dumpster at side, trash barrel by door and a garbage truck at the ready.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration