Another new item in production

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Another new item in production
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 09:56 am:

This has been in the works for a year and just got the 1st few done
Early front license plate bracket with crank holder also anti theft device
there is a place to pad lock the starting crank in the upper position, I am sure the idea was not being able to crank the car but it could be pushed, still great accessory,Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 10:56 am:

That looks great, when do they come on the market and any idea how much... Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 11:08 am:

VERY NICE!!! I have always wanted one of those heavy cast units.
That sure beats my stamped metal one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 12:25 pm:

I sold 5 on t bay in last 2 days I have 2 left at the low price today at 75.00 ea. after that the new batch will be nice and polished so price will be close to 100.00 or more depending on polisher, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 03:03 pm:

Bob, just a suggestion, you might want to have them available both ways. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 04:01 pm:

I will they will be in cast ready to paint and polished, thank you, just sold 1 they are almost gone 1 left for about a few weeks to a month, Bob
this is a special price, have not got the bill from machine shop yet
Note! these fit the early starting crank but can be ground for later cranks
this is just like the original sample

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 05:03 pm:

That's pretty slick, nice pattern work! What keeps it out of the way whilst cranking... do you just always make sure you stop short of TDC on the handcrank?

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 06:56 pm:

I got mine. great work! thank you very much. great addition to the T hobby!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:36 am:

It is spring loaded to keep it up, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 11:38 am:

Very cool! I may just have to start saving my pennies. Thanks, Bob, for another great accessory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 11:51 am:

and here i thought it was a mud scraper/boot puller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 11:53 am:

Thanks guys the first 12 are all gone, there are a few at the polisher if any one is still interested, keep an eye out for the Neville sliding steering wheel to be coming out soon, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 10:44 am:

Bob, Glad you are doing this project that I also had plans for but could never get my hands on a good original to work from. You have done an excellent job on it. For these that want to see one on a T. Here's some shots of one mounted. First shot is in the crank up position and second in the cranking position and the last showing the spring in the back needed to hold the crank holder up and out of the way during cranking. It also keeps pressure on the holder when the crank is up so it doesn't allow the crank to jump out while driving. You should do well with this. Bob

crank holder

crank holder

crank holder

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration