Bolt head torque order

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Bolt head torque order
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Harris on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 10:47 am:

Does anyone know where this photo came from? I can not find it in any of the manuals I have downloaded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 10:58 am:

Looks like it came from Dyke's, 1922 ed. p. 732.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/218188.html?1308685795

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 11:13 am:

Mac's runs one in their catalog that's slightly different in it's numbering order. Don't think it matters though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 11:15 am:

It is in the engine repair manual the red one.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Harris on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 07:20 pm:

Thanks guys!! Charlie, in my case it did kind of matter. I needed it for my research paper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 07:22 pm:

There are a few opinions and varieties of the sequence on that subject too.

Another one I have seen is go in an expanding circle sequence, starting with the center bolt.

Another one is to torque all the bolts to 10, then 20, then 30, then 40, then 50 foot pounds with that pattern.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 07:57 pm:

James - I think what you just said is the important thing,......start from the center and "GRADUALLY" tighten in ever increasing increments in a basically spiral pattern. In other words, a combination of the second and third line of your post,........harold

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration