Lang's Old Car Parts Official Move Date

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Lang's Old Car Parts Official Move Date
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ashley Lang on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 01:06 pm:

I know I personally have been chomping at the bit to make this announcement. As was posted too long ago, Lang's had purchased a new building and we were moving. Well after lots of planning, and permits, and construction and time, we have an official start date. As of this Monday, April 14th. Lang's Old Car Parts new address will be

74 Maple St
Baldwinville, MA 01436

The new building is only 7 miles down the road from our old office, but the size difference and just sheer beauty of the new building cannot be compared. As is fitting of our hobby, our new offices were built in the 1920's as a furniture factory making high chairs. It is an all brick building with beautiful hardwood floors, high vaulted ceilings with open beams. Just a good old classic factory.

This week will be the move as it has already started. We are hoping not to disrupt orders too much. We will be open for phone orders all week and taking mail and fax orders as usual. We will be shipping every day this week except for Friday. Friday we will be open, but no shipping will be done as we will start to move inventory. Monday we will open up as normal and order should still ship within a timely manner. If you do need something rushed, please let us know so we can make sure to accommodate you. As for used items, we will be moving those and sorting them into the new facility over the next coming months. All of our used items will be organized and moved inside to make our used inventory more accessible. We do hope this move will help us better serve our customers.

As for an open house. Saturday May 17th we will be having an open house and BBQ to celebrate. We do this every year, but this will be a big bash. We have a great car tour planned with a private car collection and some good food. All of our Model T friends are invited. Please let me know if you are coming and more information is on our website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 01:12 pm:

Thanks Ashley, Can you guys change the address on the order forms on your website? Tell the crew that the building looks great ,Spencer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 01:13 pm:

Congratulations!!! Have driven by the new place several times - cannot wait to make my first visit inside.

-Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 01:15 pm:

Gee, the place really does look nice. Very airy, bright, clean and big. Just what you need. Congratulations on the new property.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 01:27 pm:

Hey, I see the trappings of a young T'ster there! Congratulations!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 01:36 pm:

It looks to me like a good move for the future of your business. Congratulations!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 02:04 pm:

Looks like a place to visit when I make it back to Massachusetts again. I'm jealous of all that storage space. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 02:15 pm:

Can you change the billboard to langs old car parts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 02:55 pm:

Great people deserve a great place....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Allen on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 02:55 pm:

You guys are the ICON of the hobby. If anyone deserves a place like that you do!
Congratulations!
Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 04:27 pm:

Those don't look like Model T parts on the floor, Ashley !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 06:18 pm:

Don is way too old to be playing with toys like that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 07:17 am:

Lol, I think the parts shelf tilted to facilitate changing is even funnier than the toys on the floor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 10:14 am:

Cool, it looks like you are even stocking ambulances:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 12:37 pm:

When my daughter lived in Templeton Ma we used to get Pizza from the Village Pizza in Baldwinville

That is the "New" Baldwinville ambulance.
They had to get it a few months ago because the horse died of a heart attack when he heard that Lang's was moving to town.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 03:14 pm:

I have always wanted to attend langs cookout and model T tour. looks like I won't be able to be there for the grand opening. I plan on leaving the pan handle of florida (my winter home) the middle of the week may 14th or so. plan on being at the model T museum in Richmond indina on the 17th for the show and tell and swap meet. will be back in upstate NY the first part of the week may 19th or so. that's if all the snow is gone and the ice is off the lake. congratulations to all the lang staff. what a great place!!! very excited and will be there to visit on my way to the O2O reunion tour in june. thanks to langs it will be another great year of touring!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:03 pm:

You know if I didn't live on the other coast I'd be there for the grand opening! Sure wish I could attend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:22 pm:

I think you all should sell that place and move the business to California! Taxes are low, the state is very pro business, the governor is a great guy and always looking for new businesses to move in. Well on second thought maybe you should stay there. Wish you all the best!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:32 pm:

LOOKS GREAT!! Only thing wrong is the distance between you in Massachusetts and me, in California. U should have moved closer to gods country.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 08:35 am:

"LOOKS GREAT!! Only thing wrong is the distance between you in Massachusetts and me, in California. U should have moved closer to gods country."

Agreed... Michigan is about half-way, right? I might suggest somewhere near Charlotte, MI...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 09:04 am:

No, midway is

There's plenty of space.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 09:31 am:

Great! Now if you could just get a ticket dispenser for your tent a Hershey along with dedicated cashiers and dedicated customer helpers, you'd be all set!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ashley Lang on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 08:55 am:

After a VERY long weekend. We are up and running! Now I am sure it will be a busy week. But with the help of a lot of great Model T friends, workers and family. We are cozy in our new digs. We will be shipping out orders starting today. We will have the technicians available again as well as all our other fun. We still have some work to do as we will be setting up a show room, a work shop, and all of our old used parts that were outside the old business will be moving indoors. But I didn't get lost coming to work this morning (thank goodness baby Matthew lets me sleep at night) so we will be here for you if you need us!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 02:09 pm:

Just made it inside Kansas - depending - upon - "how you define s ", I mean midpoint. Interesting that they used cardboard "in the day" to find the midpoint of the USA.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_center_of_the_contiguous_United_States

and cardboard is still used today in the process of moving model T parts from one place to another!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 03:22 pm:

Steve, your midway map got me curious, so I checked Wikipedia (gasp) and while the geographic center of the 48 U.S. states is in Kansas, the location of the median point of the U.S. population is in Indiana (per the 2010 census)!

The median population point is defined such that half of the population is west of the point and half is east of it. Also, half the population is north of the point and half is south of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_center_of_United_States_population

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 01:21 am:

Ashley,

Great Digs! I like seeing that baby Matthew's is on the ground floor and part of Langs business expansion. Here in Califunny, we do not see Digs like yours with Hard Wood floors.

I wish all of you the best!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration