Rajo C35 Rocker Arms

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Rajo C35 Rocker Arms
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mc Ginnis Dearborn, MI on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 05:17 pm:

I was recently offered a Rajo Model C35 overhead valve assembly. It has 7 of the original rocker arms which are in really nice shape including the stands, shafts, etc. Apparently all eight were there when the current owner put it away but now there is only 7. Is there a source for these-either original or reproduction? Or a modern replacement that can be adapted? It is missing the manifold assembly as well....
Thank you in advance for the info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 06:07 pm:

I think a rocker from a 50's 223 Ford six will be close enough to work (with some mods).
I'm in the middle of adapting a set of these to a Fronty.
I just checked a Rajo and they're similar except mine has a 7/8 dia rocker shaft so the rocker would have to be bored out from the present .781 dia to .875 dia. (I'm not 100% sure mine's original)
I have four extra rockers.
If you want to try it I'll send one to you free of charge.
How's that for a screamin' deal?
Good luck whatever you do.
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 06:13 pm:

Just thinking...sometimes it hurts.
My Rajo is a BB and I dunno if yours is the same???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 07:53 pm:

day late and dollar short, just last week there was some rajo rockers on ebay. just looking, they seemed to be 1 to 1 ratio because the shaft hole looked centered, and my rajo #31 is offset for 1 1/2 to 1. they did look like the same casting though, and it was not a complete set, perhaps someone here bought them, or write the seller and ask to have your contact info passed along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 08:13 pm:

bob, i am short one of the cups that press on the push rod, got any extras of those?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 08:32 pm:

I was the seller on EBAY. The rocker arms were off a Model C35 and are 1:1 ratio. The head performs much better if you replace them with the 1:1.5 ratio rocker arms. That is what I did and it worked out very well. I would contact Rockerarms.com in Anderson California (530) 242-1316 ask for Gary. You will need to send him your head and he will fabricate you a whole new rocker assembly at a very reasonable price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 08:50 pm:

My 223 Ford rockers are 1:1.5.
Clayton...I have a couple extra 223 pushrods.
Don't know if they'll work on orig Rajo rockers.
If it'll work I can send you one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 10:28 pm:

bob, thanks for the offer, i think i have an old ford 223 here so i'll look to see what they are. i think mine are original, and i could make one on the lathe but it would be fun to have a match, and they are probably at least a little hard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 10:32 pm:

They're not all that hard.
Definitely machinable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mc Ginnis Dearborn, MI on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 08:55 pm:

Thanks for all the replies and great advice. The rocker arms are the 1:1 ratio.It looks like my best bet is to get a full set of 223 Ford rockers and adapt them or send the head to the Rockerarms.com company. Too bad I missed the Ebay rockers, it would have been nice to complete the original set just for kicks.
Thanks again for everyone's help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 10:35 pm:

why not ask mark to send the buyer your email and request? nothing to loose, and it seems to me there was only about 4 or 5 in the deal so perhaps he does not need them all

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration