Lifter and Valve Guide Replacement

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Lifter and Valve Guide Replacement
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Johnson on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 11:12 am:

I have a '14 block that has pieces broken out of both the lifter guide and valve guides. I have heard that valve guides can be milled out and new ones installed. Can the lifter guides be done the same way ? If not, then I need to find a better block. Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 11:33 am:

I think the question is can you find the guides from an aftermarket source. I'm sure any good engine machinist can mill the block for you, but finding something to put in the holes afterward would be the real trick. Anybody know where to find suitable replacements? Lang's sells oversize lifters and valves, but no guides that I could find. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 11:51 am:

Should be no problem for a good automotive machine shop to get and install both. Depending on how much is broke out of the lifter guide you may be able to use it as is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 12:20 pm:

Any good Machine shop has access to any type of guide you would ever want, mine does.

Cast or bronze.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration