Accessory Wish List

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Accessory Wish List
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 11:52 am:

After seeing Bob's new reproduction crank-holding license plate bracket and drooling at Jay's Accessory of the Day posts, I got to thinking. There's probably about a million and a half accessories for Model T's, and only a select few end up back in production. Are there any accessories you guys have seen that aren't currently reproduced that you'd like to have? Big or small, I'm just curious what everybody on here has seen and thought would be nice to have on their car.

My first choice would probably be a Schilling folding camp bed. Just such a neat accessory if you were in a camping mood, even though it takes up so much running board space.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 12:10 pm:

A smallish running board toolbox with a brass lock and key.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 12:14 pm:

I want a running board kitchen, with porcelain cups and plates. The kind that opens to a table/shelf and has water and storage drawers in it. I would use it with my vintage camping stuff ......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 12:24 pm:

Atwater-Kent clip on distributor gear set, or at least the cam gear along with Bosch and Atwater cap rotor and points.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 12:24 pm:

Hey Bob, what's up with the wheel in that picture? It's missing not only the hub cap but the split pin and castle nut for the end of the axle, and the wheel is about halfway off. Hopefully the car is jacked up and under maintenance?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 02:53 pm:

I prefer my car factory correct. That means no accessories. Not even a rear view mirror.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 03:44 pm:

Dave you'd best check location of those top hold down straps if you are that purist attentive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 05:03 pm:

That and discountable rims, side lights and a speedometer. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 06:02 pm:

Saw that speedometer one coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 06:46 pm:

Seth, that's not my car. I saw that photo somewhere and thought the battery box was the perfect size, so I saved the photo to my computer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:08 pm:

I knew I'd hear about the speedometer. It was already on the car. I would probably get rid of it if it were not for the hole in the dash. Jack, I don' t know how those straps are supposed to be. I will look into it. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:20 pm:

They go up inside of the curve,about straight up from windshield. There should be the factory holes where they mount.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:34 pm:

Ok Jack thanks. I'll see if I can change it. Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 10:25 pm:

I posted this before but a FRONT mounted running board toolbox (not as long as this one) would be great for closed cars.

running board tool box

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Rice on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 10:27 pm:

Boyco cans. I got some originals that were in pretty banged up shape and tried all those chemical strippers and sealers to make em work, but still pretty rough. My neighbor mocked me saying "does EVERYTHING on your car have to be old?!?" Cannot imagine paying the big bucks for a new set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 12:40 am:

That fender-mounted tool box is cool! I like the pics that Bob posted, as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 01:17 am:

Jim,

The neat thing about the little toolbox is its lack of overkill. It has enough length to accommodate
any often-used tool or gadget you have without taking up so much room on the running board that
there isn't enough room left for your feet.

My box is mounted to the passenger side running-board, centered between both operating doors
and that leaves plenty of room on either side for size-12 tootsies. Anything that won't fit in the
toolbox is too big to be used frequently, so that stuff can go in the storage compartment under
the rear seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 06:16 pm:

The running board kitchen sounds pretty interesting. Anybody have any pictures?

A smaller toolbox, or one that would ride higher on the fender seems to be the general consensus around here. Is anybody making toolboxes at all?

I'm liking the running board ideas. They're just such wasted space on cars like my '23 runabout. There's no door on the left side, so who needs a running board?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 06:42 pm:

Jared, Here's ours. For the right price I could be talked out of it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 06:58 pm:

I've often thought about a shallow but full length tool box that would be as long as the running board. Or maybe to replace the running board so it could be slightly sunk in at the braces and not make the step-up any higher. I think Rolls had something like that but was built/designed into the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 07:32 am:

Charlie,
Is this what you are refering to, I built these boxes under this 1911 Rolls Royce back in 1969.

Such boxes were a common addition to a Chassis on English and continental cars.

The Model T having good ground clearance would allow one to put a box under the running board.

RR02

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration