Body Bracket Dimensions Needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Body Bracket Dimensions Needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 02:13 pm:

Just got my New Express body from a forum member and now need brackets to mount it to my Maxwell frame. Ebay has some Model T brackets that look perfect but I'd like to know the dimensions to be sure.
Howard Dennisbody brackets

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 02:49 pm:

Those are correct for about 14-20 or so,just measure one of them.If you need a couple more email me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 03:07 pm:

The bracket in the foreground with the square carriage bolt holes are tougher to locate - they are the rear body brackets for a Runabout and Coupe as the rear fender iron bolts to the outside of the main sill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 05:58 pm:

howard, those are the brackets that bolt to the wooden sill on the bottom of the body, that then sits on the bracket i told you about that is rivited to the metal frame of the car. that photo shows older ones as stated above, and they will cost more than later styles with clipped off corners, as opposed to round in the photo. which bracket do you want specs on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 06:06 pm:

Clayton, I just checked and I only have 1 1/2 inch clearance from the bed floor to my Maxwell wooden sub frame, so I would need a bracket that would fit in that space and have a larger bolt down and at least 2 sideways through body sides.

Howard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 10:41 pm:

1 1/2 half inches is a 2x4. why not just a wood cross member ? you will need a cross member under the floor boards in the bed for sure. hard to guess with out seeing it, call me if i can help.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration