Password

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Password
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:03 pm:

Why does site never remember my name or password? Posting is again a PIA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:12 pm:

Jack;
I don't even remember my password.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:13 pm:

You should be able to set your computer to remember name and password, mine does, and I am running windows 98, oh wait, I upgraded to xp last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:18 pm:

Chris should be able to tell us or fix it.It feels like having to ask permission every time you want to reply to a post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:34 pm:

It remembers my password but not my username.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:34 pm:

In Google Chrome I didn't have to fill in the blank but in Firefox I have to type the first letter in. While the server knows your pass word, it's the program on your computer that fills in the pass word when you open a program that needs one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:39 pm:

Don't know how I did it, but my username and password is in yellow below where u post your message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 10:23 pm:

Unc -- I switched to Google Chrome a few months ago, and I like it a lot better than Explorer. It now offers to remember usernames and passwords for me, when I had to type them in before.

And, since you probably washed away all your cookies recently after you got hacked again, you'll probably need to re-create all that info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 10:31 pm:

You can set any browser to remember passwords.
I wouldn't do it on a bet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 07:27 am:

I don't let my computer save any passwords, just my paranoia I guess. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 07:46 am:

Jack,

I had the same problem when I got my new IE 8 computer last year.

Its a setting of your computer's security. I had the same issue, had to click on a box that allowed password cookies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 08:01 am:

Jack depending on what version of internet exploder you use go to tools > internet options then go to > content then go to > auto complete and check the box make sure cookies are enabled. My question is do you leave your wallet on the table when you go to the little boy's room at your favorite Watering hole.... IMHO it's the same thing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 09:35 am:

I enable cookies only for sites where there is a clear advantage for them to know who I am. This site is one, of course. Lowes requires cookies to see anything online, so I do more shopping at Home Debt.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration