13/32" -16 tap: source?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 13/32" -16 tap: source?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:36 pm:

I had to go to Wichita today, so on the way I stopped at the Big tool Store and asked about a 13/32" - 16 tap. They can get one for $138 and change. I won't live long enough to use one enough to justify that. Anybody know of a more reasonable price anywhere?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 09:40 pm:

For the rear axle, right. Stan Howe had a bunch a few years ago, think he sold them all. I bought one, I'll mail it to you if you want to borrow it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 10:19 pm:

Steve -- I bought one of them from Unca' Stan a few years back for a lot less than that. You are welcome to use it if you like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 10:21 pm:

taps, end mills, reamers, etc i always check ebay first. some very cheep deals on things people bought from estate sales and do not know what they are. good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 11:13 pm:

Steve,

I bought 2 sets of both plug and bottoming 13/32 taps from Stan some years ago. I will never use both sets. e-mail me your address to paulmikeska (at) yahoo.com and I will send you one set. I am very busy for the next couple of days installing new equipment at work but should be able to post them to you next week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 10:03 am:

Steve, i purchased some odd taps from Drills and cutters.com, they have a lot of hard to find stuff ay reasonable prices. I also have a set of the taps that Stan was selling a couple of years ago.

Rick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration