Old Photo - Dying For A Ride

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Dying For A Ride
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 11:15 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 11:19 am:

Customer said, " I'll take any color you got as long as it's black".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 12:21 pm:

Does that taxi charge by the mile or the foot? If you have to go this would be the way to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod McKenzie on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 05:04 pm:

RHD?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 05:18 pm:

Looks like everything from the firewall back is custom coach work on an extended car chassis. Sure rides low in the rear. Perhaps a TT chassis would have been better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 05:32 pm:

I know this will upset some guys, but 'TT's are painful to rally with and very slow. Thankfully they are few and far between here in South Australia. Many years ago when my family was Ford hunting we used to come across the odd 'TT'. We would take all the standard car components and scrap the rest at the merchants for money.

I often thought of building a hearse or an ambulance by using a standard 'T', cutting the chassis and lengthening by a Warford or Jumbo auxiliary gearbox, in other words do not shorten the tail shaft. This would give a 12" longer chassis but with the car performance.

Allan Bennett here has done this with his 1917 bus and it pulls great along the open road. He has done a beautiful job and the body looks "right" on the extended chassis. Allan, have you got a photo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 10:26 pm:

Seems to me that it would have been better to use a TT chassis for this application. It's not as if they'd be in a big hurry to get to the cemetery. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 10:31 pm:

I don't know Mike, There's a whole bunch of people just dying to get there. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 11:30 pm:

Jay, that thing is incredible, love all the oval glass. Any idea how many were produced and how many are actually alive today?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 07:52 am:

David C., a TT with the high speed rear end gears and a three speed auxiliary transmission with overdrive will cruise very nicely at around 35 MPH. Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 09:09 am:

That would do the Adams family proud!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 09:25 am:

My first reaction is ' Herman Munster '

Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration