The Model T Ford Club International page

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: The Model T Ford Club International page
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 04:56 pm:

I just clicked on my bookmarked page for the MTFCI page and got this
http://www.modelt.org/
I cleared the page from my saved list and retyped the full name in twice and still got the same thing! Anybody know anything?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 05:03 pm:

Looks the same to me, did it used to be something different?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 05:03 pm:

That's been the web address of the MTFCI website for years. It will take you where you need to go.

Don't understand the problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 05:04 pm:

Same here. They've been working on changes to the website, so maybe it's closed for repairs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 05:17 pm:

Did you click on the link or are you commenting on the fact that it's the same words? I know its the same words, but the page is not there. Looks like might be under construction, but nothing Model T about the page shown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 05:22 pm:

This what Mark and I are getting when we click on the link or try to open the site. Is the address working normally for anybody?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 05:25 pm:

It looks like they forgot to renew the domain name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 05:26 pm:

Thanks Steve, I tried to upload that link and all I got was the read car in the center.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 05:27 pm:

It was working earlier today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 05:45 pm:

Steve, that's very odd, here's what I get when I click on the link in Mark's first post:

page

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 05:58 pm:

Yep, I just tried it again and got the new home page. My link to the MTFCI forum still works, but it's the vB5 version. I had to sign in. Apparently the forum is starting over. I'll play with it later and see if I can still post pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 06:02 pm:

It works normally for me (using Google Chrome, btw).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 06:04 pm:

Must be working it's way west! I just tried in both Google Chrome and Firefox and still nothing. I too will check later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 06:09 pm:

Works for Me too using Chrome

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 06:22 pm:

for those that works...try hitting refresh once there...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 06:28 pm:

I get Steve's page too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 06:33 pm:

still works for me and on IE too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 06:45 pm:

Whoops. It's back. No new posts though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 06:47 pm:

I posted there this morning and now I can't get in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 07:35 pm:

Same old dull page here. I'm using firefox.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Zabala on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 07:54 pm:

The MTFCI is switching our hosting services. I apologize for any inconvenience for everyone- this work was supposed to take place over a weekend when traffic was lower, not midweek. It should be back up for everyone in a couple of hours. Thanks for your patience.

James Zabala

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 07:57 pm:

I haven't gotten it to work since the changed it sometime back so I'm not having any new problems with it, just don't try to use it any more.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 08:31 pm:

James, Thanks for the info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Borland. Bathurst. NSW. Australia. on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 08:39 pm:

I just get the 403 bugger off page.

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 08:59 pm:

5:58 pm pacific time here in Oregon, USA. I'm getting the brand-x page with the little red car as Steve posted above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 11:52 pm:

It's back on line now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 12:05 am:

I just tried it and got the Brand X page again. It may take some time to get it working correctly. If you're not a computer expert, setting up or redesigning a website can be maddening. In 1999 it took me from early September to late November to get my first one working.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 12:23 am:

oh well, I spoke to soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 10:19 am:

The page is back up. I am still even logged in!
Thanks James.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 12:22 pm:

The MTFCI Forum page still works too.

They have already had 3 new posts this month.

Of course I still get the message that I am blocked out.

There is a rumor they will soon have a new website, but they are past SOON already.

If anyone is getting what Mark and Steve were getting they may want to invest in a Malwarebytes program to clean out their Adware/Malware and Spyware or any other PUPs or Potentially Unwanted Programs.

Hijackthis is another good and free program that will identify unwanted hitchhiker programs.

When I clicked on the link that Mark posted, I went right to the MTFCI homepage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 12:57 pm:

So did I, Jim. The site has been working and not working at various times. No malware involved. As James Zabala (MTFCI president) explained above, the website is being moved from one hosting company to another. Whoever is handling the move has my sympathy. I suspect it's a volunteer who isn't an IT professional, and such a move is fraught with potential glitches well calculated to drive a non-professional nuts. Recently I've been setting up a new computer to handle my website, and even with several years' experience with the software involved, the job has inspired me to recite military poetry several times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 01:16 pm:

Is there any way to tell when we are on the new website?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 03:45 pm:

As of now (2:45 PM CDT) this is it: http://www.modelt.org/.

At first glance it's much like the old website with some changes, so this may not be the final version.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration