OT- Arroyo Grande, CA for a few days I guess ....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT- Arroyo Grande, CA for a few days I guess ....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 07:27 pm:

Tuesday I got to visit a large solar panel farm in Rosamond, CA where I dropped off a custom built prototype gas UTV service cart
built in Ohio specifically for use at this facility ...

When completed - the farm will be the largest in the lower 48 states and cover just about 3500 acres !

Then I dropped off a Brazilian car called a ' Ventura ' yesterday in Arroyo Grande, CA
and noticed the dreaded water pump leak under the truck ...

So I spent the night here

Nice place ....

Well I had to change out my water pump today which is about a four hour job on my truck ....

Autozone lifetime warranty pump but their fan clutch removal tool loaner kit is a joke ....

Last time I did this - I bought a nice NAPA set
on their loaner tool program - but NAPA here has no tool loaner program ....

So I checked out CARQUEST - they had a heavy duty (10) piece fan clutch tool kit for $152.00

If you return it within (7) days there is a full refund given - worked great ....

Got a relatively cheap room for (3) more nights while I wait for a haul outta here ...

Probably ride my bike to the beach tomorrow ... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 07:34 pm:

Jim head east on 46 to Bakersfield for the swap meet tomorrow...better than a ride on the beach. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 09:03 pm:

I like the Bakersfield idea, but on the map it looks like Cal 58 is a shorter way. Is it a bad road?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 09:25 pm:

John,

I got a room here for the next (3) nights ....

It is really nice weather - cool and slightly breezy.

I offered to haul a Model T if someone needed it from here to the Bakersfield Swap or from the Swap to ??? on the Classifieds but I had no takers ...

Generally it is cheaper for me to sit tight near where I drop off while I wait for a vehicle to transport,
I never know where I am headed to next ... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 10:35 pm:

Steve:

Hiway 58 is a great Model A road if you watch your speed on the switchbacks and curves. It is also a great T road if you don't mind the occasional rice rocket or crotch rocket. Hiway 46 is being turned into a 4 lane road and getting straightened and smoothed in the process.
Jim:
You might have a job after $$ trades hands in Bakersfield, in the meantime watch out for the restaurants in the south county as they have a habit of causing peoples clothes to shrink. There are a LOT of great places to eat there.
Go to the Orchard Supply parking lot in Arroyo Grande on the east side of 101 on Sat morning and check out the cars that will show up in the early morning. Its a weekly impromptu car show.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 10:45 pm:

Bill,

I like that reference " " as they have a habit of causing peoples clothes to shrink " .... :-)

I DO LIKE a good meal !

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 03:19 pm:

Well ...

Did my laundry this morning at The Washboard

Had one of the best donuts & pretty darn good coffee across the street at DK's Donuts

Then - had probably the best haircut of my life from Jesse at Barbers Guild in Grover Beach ....

I really like this area ....

Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration