Model T education classes Midwest locations?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Model T education classes Midwest locations?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 07:38 am:

I have been trying to find the locations that offer education on repairing the Model T Ford
I heard they do some in Detroit but could not find them on the Henry Ford Museum site or by googling Model T Ford repair classes

I know they exist from time to time at local Clubs mu question is how to investigate and find these courses I want to next find one on transmission removal and repair and bearing casting so some day I can be more than a simple parts replacer on these cars

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 12:30 pm:

For professional level instruction, there's McPherson College. They cover all aspects of antique car restoration. For a hobbyist not wanting to become a full time student, there's not much in the way of regular classes that I'm aware of. I think your best bet is to find experienced model T guys who will show you the ropes. In my case, Mike Bender was kind enough to let me help and gain some experience when he rebuilt my engine and transmission.

There's a great deal you can learn to do on your own just by using the Ford shop manual and the MTFCA books, and asking questions on the forum to clarify points that you might not understand from the books. One example of that is carburetors. The MTFCA book is a great start, and forum posts by Stan Howe and others have provided a lot of very useful additional information. The videos are good, but I like to have a book handy for quick and easy reference when I'm working on a project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Green, Dexter, Mi on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 12:42 pm:

Have you seen this?
----
From: Steve Shotwell - Piquette T's [mailto:sshotwell@piquettets.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:07 PM
Subject: Piquette Shop Talk

I would like to invite anyone from your chapter to attend the Piquette Ts Shop Talk this year.

The event will be held at Piquette on Saturday, May 17 from 10:00 am to about 3:00 pm.

To date, we have four speakers. Sessions will be on:

Restoration of Model T parking brakes

Model T front end alignment

Finding/resolving Model T shakes and rattles

Replacing Model T bands

We will likely have two more sessions. Actually, we welcome anyone from your chapter to make a presentation if they would like - purely optional simply let me know.

The price is right free. No admission to Piquette will be charged either. Lunch is usually provided as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 04:03 pm:

Joe Bell does a demonstration from time to time on pouring babbitt. Brent Mize usually does the electrical demonstration at the same time. I drove 7 hours and spent the weekend for it and it was worth every penny and every minute.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration