OT Ford Tri-Motor "Tin Goose" at Fly-in, in Lakeland, FL

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT Ford Tri-Motor "Tin Goose" at Fly-in, in Lakeland, FL
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 08:57 am:

Good morning. Here is a newspaper article and a few pictures of a Ford Tri-motor plane that appeared in this morning's Lakeland Ledger. The plane is at the annual "Sun and Fun Fly-in" in Lakeland, Florida and visitors can take a ride in it to see what passenger travel was like back in the 20's and 30's. Especially interesting is how small the interior passenger area of the plane is. Quite a bit different than today. The below article and photos were scanned. You can see clearer pictures by pulling up the link at the bottom of the article and viewing the articles and images on your computer from the site. Enjoy. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 10:49 pm:

Great old flyin' machine! I remember that the control wheels were almost like a Model A Ford steering wheel - I guess they actually could have been! (?)
Many years ago, there was a Ford TM at Long Beach Airport, CA.
Loved it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 10:31 am:

Never ridden in one, but while I was in the Marines, I rode alot in C-130's which were very loud. I do remember that sitting on the cargo of seabags was much more comfortable than sitting on the net seats lining the bulkheads. I would assume the Tri-motors were very loud and vibrated excessively, as well, with their primitive engines and period Model T technology. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 11:02 am:

Worked on & rode in Gooney Birds (C-47). The first thing that hits you is the smallness of the interior space. The second thing is the noise. The Goose has to be worse on both counts.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration