OT, What kept me from working on my T this week

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT, What kept me from working on my T this week
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 09:28 pm:

I thought some of you would enjoy this. We set up a new ride and got it running in 3 (12 to 14 hour) days. The only injury was a splinter I got from not having my gloves on! 960,000 lbs of steel made and built in the USA.

For some reason I cant post all of the pictures. More to come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 09:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 09:34 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 09:36 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 09:40 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 09:43 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 09:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 09:50 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 09:53 pm:

The last pick of the top of the loop weighed 24000 lbs and was made with a 400 ton crane that had to reach out 154 feet to make the lift.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 10:06 pm:

I should proof read. It is 96,000 lbs of steel made and built in the USA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 10:20 pm:

Yeah, Paul, that's pretty cool, but can it rattle down the road at 24-MPH, dribbling oil all along the route, then refuse to start to take you back home?
I think not!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 10:25 pm:

Bob,
Hehe. What that does is enable me to be able to afford to rattle down the road at 24-MPH, dribbling oil all along the route, then refuse to start to take me back home!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 10:55 pm:

Paul: Not everyone has bigger toys at work to play all day. Great !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 11:14 pm:

Bob Jablonski,

I made a choice 20 some years ago and left the rat race of manufacturing and have been playing with toy's big and small ever since. If I ever grow up I think I will be a professional young boy. The kind of young boy that wants to know how every thing works and be able to fix it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 01:21 am:

Is that at Elich (sp) park.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 11:11 am:

I love the part about "Made in USA"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Mathis, Van Buren, AR on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 11:18 am:

Really neat Paul, you do good work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 05:54 pm:

Elitch Gardens is the park I work in. We have 47 rides that we inspect and sign off each operating day. and attractions. In the second picture you can see the Denver Broncos stadium. My office is straight across the highway from the stadium.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 06:41 pm:

Paul
Do they still have anything at there old location, I left there before they started to build the new area. Do you know Dan Robitalli
or his brother they were heavy into T and A when I lived there.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 07:10 pm:

Paul,Just remember to use your spud wrench and not your finger!!Bud in Wheeler.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration